Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rain gear moisture soaking your under garments?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PR Cleaning Solutions

Hey guys, I’ve tried multiple rain gear brands now, and all seem to have the same effect. I recently bought a new dewalt rain jacket, and sure it kept all the rain out, but the inside of the jacket was all damp from moisture and that goes onto my clothing inside my jacket. Same with my wet pants and even fishing waiders, all expensive brands, for example I wear thin winter base layers for warmth, with just a wet gear pants over them, by the end for he day the base layer is wet and through to my skin.

Does everyone else have this issue?

Hey guys, I’ve tried multiple rain gear brands now, and all seem to have the same effect. I recently bought a new dewalt rain jacket, and sure it kept all the rain out, but the inside of the jacket was all damp from moisture and that goes onto my clothing inside my jacket. Same with my wet pants and even fishing waiders, all expensive brands, for example I wear thin winter base layers for warmth, with just a wet gear pants over them, by the end for he day the base layer is wet and through to my skin.

If you are wearing thermal base layers like merino then you'll end up being to warm and be sweating like a bear in sauna

I wear T-shirt and trousers in the rain
I dry quicker in the van than in waterproofs
Once you get used to it it’s not an issue
Never bothered with rain gear since joining the army in ‘91
Unnecessary when your skin keeps you dry inside lol

No shortcut on this one. but no magic wand either. I splashed out on a RAB jacket, a climbers one not cheap entry level, but last seasons model, so cut price. Brilliant. Yes it costs but maybe a day and a half’s money, so I figure that gets earned back. You will find sleeves need to be cranked up tight, waist band too, but it does keep the rain out. However, having tried about 6 or 7 brands over the years, absolutely nothing will genuinely keep all rain out AND simultaneously allow your sweaty body to breathe. It’s physics. If your coat is wet from rain how can moisture from inside get out, whatever the manufacturers claim. Moisture will build up. Perhaps just work slower: less speed = less sweat.

I just wear basic showerproof coat, does soak through in the end but dries very quick. If its raining that bad I just pack it in/see if it stops, if not, home I go.

I have bought 32 woollen hats and 24 caps with my logo on them. Gave away plenty of the yellow woollen hats but kept have dozen for myself. Wear one and when it gets soaked then I swap for a dry one. Dry them in the house latter on. I have come to accept getting wet now so carry many t shirts and light running jackets to swap in the van.

I have bought 32 woollen hats and 24 caps with my logo on them. Gave away plenty of the yellow woollen hats but kept have dozen for myself. Wear one and when it gets soaked then I swap for a dry one. Dry them in the house latter on. I have come to accept getting wet now so carry many t shirts and light running jackets to swap in the van.
I hope your logo isn’t the Pinocchio one ????…

Try talc powder or similar on balls, butt, back, chest feet. It will reduce the clam and keep you fresh as a daisy. be warned though it is now considered risky and a possible threat to health if breathed in.

I've tried a few wet type jackets, but the problem is I'm quite warm bloodes so I end up absolutely roasting after about 10 minutes of work. If it's not bitterly cold I prefer a regular water resistant coat as I'd rather get wet from rain than I would sweat.

I wear the decathlon hiking trousers and half wellies.very cheap and waterproof(trousers £45 wellies £20).I also have 3 goretex jackets(2 bergaus,1 North face).I swap jackets at lunchtime on a really wet day and sometimes before lunch!

I wear the jackets over my logod fleece and polo shirt and this keeps me dry....

My waterproofs are getting hammered at the moment as it rains every day here in Manchester at this time of year.?

No never these days....you need breathable shell goretex jackets over your standard work fleece and hiking trousers from decathlon(no overtrousers!)....this is where your going wrong mate!?

Latest Posts

Back