Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scrims?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

buzzing

I prefer scrim to microfibre as one scrim seems to last a whole bungalow and I can use it to clean small windows without a squidgy. Questions- Is it ok to wash it at 50 degrees, cos I heard it should really be put into a hot wash! I put it at 80 degrees with some orange football bibs and the orange ran into the scrims and cloths. is 50 degrees enough to improve the quality of the scrim? I heard hot washes is good for them.

Lead poisoning! I heard you can get lead poisoning from using a scrim on small lead windows, is this true? Sometimes I sniff the scrim lol or put to my face to see if it's dry, could i be sniffing lead lol?

I keep getting that black gunk from that comes off from the window frames on my scrims, and can't totally wash it out.

im pretty sure you have already asked all these questions but here goes anyway...

1, a scrim should last you all day, not just for one bungalow, and personally i use mf cloths for small windows and scrims for edging of glass only

2, yes its ok to wash it at 50degrees, i personally do mine at 60 and find it gets most marks out, if you wash it at any higher temp then wash them on there own or with whites to stop any colours running into them

3, you will not get lead poisoning from cleaning leaded windows, and

4, sniffing scrims is weird, stop it!

5, black seal marks on your scrim are usual, most should come out on a hot wash, but even if they dont, once its been washed in, the marks wont effect the quality of your scrimming

hope that helped somewhat

Back