Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ran out of ubik

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ubik gets off everything. .i have 2 fsg jobs tuesday. .i will do some before and afters with virosol. .ubik is a tad better but i have run out

Ordered! So I take it IPA gets off what Ubik doesn't???...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is within reach i apply with a sprayer

If not eithe on my brush or with a harris pole with moerman blue applicator as it holds loads of solution..then i dip in bucket of water and ubik and apply with that..leave 5 minutes then scrub

This is why i use them

This is a vid of mr munro with virosol and 1 with ubik..how easily it all melts off

[media]

[/media]

Thanks for that. This appears to me (correct me if I'm wrong) a neutral cleaner for hard surfaces, possibly even food area floor cleans? The only reason I use the IPA is to aid slip with rubber on glass. Has any one tried it in their trad mix? I'd imagine that it may give slip but would leave a coating and/or smears on the glass. ?? Yes? No?

...Davey just caught the clips. Great stuff...good results.

I wasn't sure what ipa was apart from beer (india pale ale) thanks for that Eric

I have heard people say use ipa in winter to stop freezing on the glass
Yes, although it never gets cold enough for that over here and even if it did I would stay in bed :) so I wouldn't need it for that...IPA/Ecover was an early experiment of Jim Thomson before he developed his 'Window Ceaner's Shine' Originally he developed it to give added shine to the glass. A cleaner in Oz called Maurice Richardson (Vision down under) put me onto it and I was pleasantly surprised to experience the added slip with Razer Red...by the by anyone on here know Jim. I've heard he had some health challenges?

Back