Really stuck on which gutter vac please help?

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by paul1, May 24, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Hi guys got all my window cleaning kit now and got first customers booked in after my holiday next week also 3 gutter clearing jobs for 3 weeks time booked in but im really stuck on which system to go for can anyone help?

was looking at skyvac but way too expensive at the moment for me then was going to get one from gutter cleaning systems which in my price range but then was told by a guy from company called GUTTER FORCE that thiers are utter rubbish ?? but he is currently setting up selling them himself and says can sell me a much better quality package or is it just talk?

really stuck who to trust and best to go for with my budget of £980 max, I would but all kit separate and make my own kit up but don't know exactly what I would need and where from and which poles and connections etc etc , if anyone can help with a full list and suppliers or recommend a kit that is good enough for few job a month or so be really grateful

im getting told different things from different companies/people, can anyone shed any light and which kit/machine/brand etc to go for, please help asap

Thanks

Paul

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Do you really need a vac yet? Can you do the work off ladders and use pro gutter tools? I have a vac and find it a ball ache, it takes up space in the garage, a pain to use, doesn't suck all the shite out.... But it makes a lot of noise and looks proffesional.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

My advice would be - don't get one mate. I do all mine off ladders, cheaper, reliable, faster, less hassle, less to carry, no electricity needed, no nonsense, real mans way. :cool::D

Just be safe and you'll be fine with ladders

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Just ask Neil if they are worth having or not.:rolleyes:

You can earn very good money doing jobs you can't get at by ladders doing hand jobs and even using a pole.

For me most 2 storey awkward jobs I get I tend to use both methods so would I be without a guttervac hell no as is an invaluable tool if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Which one should I go for then please? or list to but separate and suppliers to make my own kit up £1000 max ish cheers

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would suggest first you spend out on a decent triple ladder setup like the ones I use first with an ankalad fitted and a microlite standoff. Reason being you will still need to use ladders on some jobs even though you intend to do wfp work. For example gaining safe access to flat roofs, gaining enough height to clean awkward conservatory roofs (don't use the microlite on the roof though), upvc restoration on first/one-off clean, downspout unblocking & gutter clearing by hand/poles etc.

Then if you have enough money left over get yourself a gopro (min spec hero 3 silver) with an lcd backpack and guttervac package used or new alternatively diy a guttervac yourself by shopping around for the bits you need.

Most importantly keep safe but get out there and start earning some dosh as in this game you can spend a fortune on kit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Utterly Gutterly

Try getting that sod out of the high level internal corner on this property from a ladder!
    You definitely need a guttervac as well, ideally with lightweight poles unless you're Popeye!

IMG_0415.jpg

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Popeye is my middle name :D

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I hate jobs like that as corners with sods in are a real pain to get out by guttervac even at the best of times standing directly underneath.

This job took me ages to get the sods out from the corners and that was using a 4200 watt guttervac

IMG_2550.JPG

10. Utterly Gutterly

Mine took ages too - just as well there was no gutter guard in it, I'd still be there now from last January!:D

Advertisement