Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rectus 21 replacements

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

I use a converted gardiner backpack with chemical pump fitted right now which obv is not ideal but until i can upgrade i want to make it safe and useable. Thepump and battery are great - its the delviery from the backback to the nozzle that is casuing issues. These rectus fittings are not doing it right - constant problems with them degrading and blocking (had one blow out in front of me and eye full of chems recently ) - need something solid ideally push fit but open to suggestions. Any recommendations - thanks in advance

I use a converted gardiner backpack with chemical pump fitted right now which obv is not ideal but until i can upgrade i want to make it safe and useable. Thepump and battery are great - its the delviery from the backback to the nozzle that is casuing issues. These rectus fittings are not doing it right - constant problems with them degrading and blocking (had one blow out in front of me and eye full of chems recently ) - need something solid ideally push fit but open to suggestions. Any recommendations - thanks in advance
Provided you flush it out with clean water after you shouldn’t have a problem Bit of a spray into the Rectus fitting with WD40 and we don’t get any issues the current one on our sprayer is about 4 years old

Provided you flush it out with clean water after you shouldn’t have a problem Bit of a spray into the Rectus fitting with WD40 and we don’t get any issues the current one on our sprayer is about 4 years old
Yh dunno whats going on with mine tbh been doing a lot of pressure washing so they been connected all day and keep failing - anyway i am officially boycotting them and replacing with something else

Are you using genuine - Parker Rectus Fitting or the cheap Rectus Type fittings. If it's the cheap copy version that might be the issue.

Are you using genuine - Parker Rectus Fitting or the cheap Rectus Type fittings. If it's the cheap copy version that might be the issue.
This lot I brought from a WC supplier so should be legit - I’ve had lot of problems with this batch so maybe it’s a faulty lot. Anyway I wanna switch to something with a different material since SH and metal don’t mix well. Gonna try and come up with something. Surprised no one sells something mainstream like this tbh

I'd have thought they ain't much different in use when window cleaning some people chuck the fittings as soon as they start jamming up or disconnecting I have some white lithium spray grease which I spray on mine then connect and disconnect a few times and they are like new apart from the fact that they are a bit battered.

I'd have thought they ain't much different in use when window cleaning some people chuck the fittings as soon as they start jamming up or disconnecting I have some white lithium spray grease which I spray on mine then connect and disconnect a few times and they are like new apart from the fact that they are a bit battered.
We are the same just spray them with WD40 inside and out once a month and they last years , with hypo we just flush them through with water and spray in and out with WD40 and again the current one on my sprayer has never been replaced and it must be 4 years old now as had it way before Covid

Back