Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin change now or later

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've seen a few of you guys who've been going longer than my 6 years say that the resin isn't what it used to be. No doubt you're right. I wonder what the reason is?
We use tuilson 115 mb it’s good stuff but definitely doesn’t last as long as it used to , like everything I guess it’s not the quality it used to be. 

We use tuilson 115 mb it’s good stuff but definitely doesn’t last as long as it used to , like everything I guess it’s not the quality it used to be. 
I'm not convinced, we're doing more work but I don't seem to be changing the resin more frequently. Mind you having not worked for four weeks now it ought to last. ?

Maybe I should just carry on with it. I do keep testing on my own windows. No problem with spotting or anything. Thanks for the help though everyone. 

I was told the same so I upgraded the filtration from 1 sediment and 2 carbon after the booster pump, to 2 sediment before the booster pump to help reduce the wear on it and 3 carbon after the booster pump and before the ro's. My ro's seem to be lasting longer than they used to before the alteration. We change the carbon filters at about the same spacing as you do but the sediment filters more frequently as they start to look dirty. The sediment filters are in a semi-transparent double housing so they're easy to monitor.
I run 2 x 20' prefilters. This last filter change I did something I had never done before. I removed the sediment filter and replaced it with the used Fiberdyne filter. I then fitted a new Fibedyne filter as normal. So the original Fiberdyne is now removing sediment and the second the chlorine. Seems to be working fine as having 2 x carbon filters hasn't restricted the flow.

I run 2 x 20' prefilters. This last filter change I did something I had never done before. I removed the sediment filter and replaced it with the used Fiberdyne filter. I then fitted a new Fibedyne filter as normal. So the original Fiberdyne is now removing sediment and the second the chlorine. Seems to be working fine as having 2 x carbon filters hasn't restricted the flow.
Hey

i might try that. I still use a sediment before my Fiberdyne. ??

Back