Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin Driveway Clean.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Herm

I've just been out to quote for a big resin driveway. I'll be totally honest I haven't attempted one before so was hoping to lean on somebody that has? Anything specific I should do or not do and will it be ok to use Hypo on? Thanks as always.

Resin drives go up and down then side to side and rinse like hell  as you can get tram lines use fsc ?
tbh it's not a job I'm looking forward too as it's nearly 400m2 of porous resin. Am I better off doing it in sections on something this large? or is it worth doing like you said then washing off after? 

Regarding hypo is there a certain mix I should using as I was worried neat might damage it? Thanks

tbh it's not a job I'm looking forward too as it's nearly 400m2 of porous resin. Am I better off doing it in sections on something this large? or is it worth doing like you said then washing off after? 

Regarding hypo is there a certain mix I should using as I was worried neat might damage it? Thanks
Don’t think resin is porous ??? We usually use a FSC and a vario nozzle on the edges never had stripes only ever get that with Tarmac . Start at the highest point and work to the lowest we generally clean the whole area unless it’s huge and starts drying out then rinse it down after . Hypo mix if it just kill a bit of algae etc we use 4 or 5 to 1 . From doing research one of the main manufacturers of resin bound products said a strong hypo mix is ok to use , we don’t use it neat as never had a need to but provided it doesn’t dry out and an Evan application  I see no reason that you couldn’t . , 

Don’t think resin is porous ??? We usually use a FSC and a vario nozzle on the edges never had stripes only ever get that with Tarmac . Start at the highest point and work to the lowest we generally clean the whole area unless it’s huge and starts drying out then rinse it down after . Hypo mix if it just kill a bit of algae etc we use 4 or 5 to 1 . From doing research one of the main manufacturers of resin bound products said a strong hypo mix is ok to use , we don’t use it neat as never had a need to but provided it doesn’t dry out and an Evan application  I see no reason that you couldn’t . , 
I didn't think so as well, but apparently it is. It's all been done for it to drain itself. My knowledge on resin is very limited, so taking it on his word, but he's a builder himself so knows a lot more than me. 

Yeah, I found tarmac a ***** for stripes, hoping this might be a lot easier. I've priced it for the hassle and he seems fine with the price so I'm happy to do it. 

It's a big old area he's had done and wants it all cleaned up, I think it'll be trial and error to start off with. Thanks for all your advice PJJ i've been looking at videos and online, but also good to get first hand knowledge. I think I'll use a weaker mix just to be careful, though I'm sure once I've gone over it with the FSH it will look great. 

I didn't think so as well, but apparently it is. It's all been done for it to drain itself. My knowledge on resin is very limited, so taking it on his word, but he's a builder himself so knows a lot more than me. 

Yeah, I found tarmac a ***** for stripes, hoping this might be a lot easier. I've priced it for the hassle and he seems fine with the price so I'm happy to do it. 

It's a big old area he's had done and wants it all cleaned up, I think it'll be trial and error to start off with. Thanks for all your advice PJJ i've been looking at videos and online, but also good to get first hand knowledge. I think I'll use a weaker mix just to be careful, though I'm sure once I've gone over it with the FSH it will look great. 
We clean far more block than resin but use the same technique, I still feel resin isn't porous as I have several customers that have puddles on paths and drives resin by nature covers the whole surface and then the stone /sand  what ever is put in it so cannot see that . A guy who lives a few doors down the road to me does resin drives I will try and have a chat to him about it , I did speak to him before doing a big job and asked his advice about hypo and he said you will have a hard job to damage it provided it’s been done properly and no loose patches , the first one I did it very gingerly but now treat them the same as brick and concrete FSC full pressure, on a few bits I have even used the turbo flat out and it was fine . Obviously be careful but I think it’s far more hardy than it might first appear, again no two drives are the same so have a good look but sure it will be fine just take your time and learn and get paid at the same time . 

Depends if its resin bound or bond the new resin bound is very pores think its something to do with new drainage laws ? 

Depends if its resin bound or bond the new resin bound is very pores think its something to do with new drainage laws ? 
Yes you're right, bonded and bound are different. Resin bound is porous which is why it's often used around swimming pools. But it also depends what surface it's laid on e.g. I had a customer who laid it on solid concrete making it non permeable.

Bonded has the rougher surface and is meant to be non permeable

Yes you're right, bonded and bound are different. Resin bound is porous which is why it's often used around swimming pools. But it also depends what surface it's laid on e.g. I had a customer who laid it on solid concrete making it non permeable.

Bonded has the rougher surface and is meant to be non permeable
thanks guys, it's been laid on base that allows it to drain apparently.  Must've cost the guy a fortune as it's huge! 

We clean far more block than resin but use the same technique, I still feel resin isn't porous as I have several customers that have puddles on paths and drives resin by nature covers the whole surface and then the stone /sand  what ever is put in it so cannot see that . A guy who lives a few doors down the road to me does resin drives I will try and have a chat to him about it , I did speak to him before doing a big job and asked his advice about hypo and he said you will have a hard job to damage it provided it’s been done properly and no loose patches , the first one I did it very gingerly but now treat them the same as brick and concrete FSC full pressure, on a few bits I have even used the turbo flat out and it was fine . Obviously be careful but I think it’s far more hardy than it might first appear, again no two drives are the same so have a good look but sure it will be fine just take your time and learn and get paid at the same time . 
Thank you, I think I'll tread carefully around it for the first time until I get the feel of things, last thing I need is to pay for a load of damage. Top man Pjj

Latest Posts

Back