Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin in Water Tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

doug atkinson

I've had 3 calls this week with issues on resin in tanks and resin beads on glass.

This issue cropped up last year I think and it all came down to a certain brand of resin not Tulsion.

Have asked the same question it seems the same brand is causing this problem again. 

The issue this is having it is also damaging the pumps. Speaking to a person last year they found the Flojet in line strainer helped stopped this as it has a finer mesh filter inside.

May be worth checking your tanks to see if there are any resin beads before it damages your pump.

I've had 3 calls this week with issues on resin in tanks and resin beads on glass.

This issue cropped up last year I think and it all came down to a certain brand of resin not Tulsion.

Have asked the same question it seems the same brand is causing this problem again. 

The issue this is having it is also damaging the pumps. Speaking to a person last year they found the Flojet in line strainer helped stopped this as it has a finer mesh filter inside.

May be worth checking your tanks to see if there are any resin beads before it damages your pump.
If ones are using a strainer before the pump as most manufacturers recommend then this situation shouldn’t occur 

Looked at both filters and it's hard to tell if there is any difference due to the mesh size. On past knowledge when I have come accross this resin if you rub some beads in between your fingers they will break and crush into powder. With a normal bead this will not happen.

Another solution is to put a sediment filter in line which will trap any resin that is escaping. 

Thanks @doug atkinson sometimes I'm getting particles that look suspiciously like resin beads on the window, like the guy on the other thread. I use tulsion resin in di vessels after the tank and pump. Think I'll get another strainer to put after the di vessel. 

Back