Resin Problem

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by JDMW, May 5, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JDMW

JDMW Guru

bought a new bag of tulsion resin a few weeks ago and my ro unit has 2 di`s on it. but after 3 weeks work and only 1000L passed through it there both showing up 023ppm. so i went to the shed and got my resin and refilled the di`s. just checked and its coming out at 014ppm. WTF. its spose to be 000 so why is new resin coming out at 014ppm. HELP PLEASE.. everythings been done right.

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

water could be too fast, or resin is knackered

i got half a bag of resin off a supplier that was meant to be knackered, was only going to be use for a few days, lasted 2 months, best stuff i ever had

3. JDMW

JDMW Guru

mines the best stuff, tho. i just filled my 500ml di up and its coming out at 000 now, but the same resin from same bag into my 1L di came out like it wasnt there for some reason. dont make sense :(

4. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

check the di vessel is clean then

5. JDMW

JDMW Guru

it is mate, i washed it all out, just doesnt make sense. the sun wont do nothing to resin will it. or heat?? its in my shed in a bag with a stone on the top. would the sun strip its resin abilities?

6. HotWash Window Cleaners

Is it hand held tds meter or inline type?

7. JDMW

JDMW Guru

hand held mate, i got a 11L di in the van which i put rainwater through and thats spot on 000.ithink its gotta be sunlight or heat that did something to it. does the resin change colour when its cream crackered

8. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

only if it was damp, but if its working on 500 ml and not 1 l then the prob must be the vessel, or let it run throught the 1 l vessel for a few minutes and see what happens,

is all the resin in the 1l from the same bag ie was empty before you filled it up

9. HotWash Window Cleaners

Could be the riser thing inside is faulty.

10. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

you have 3 resin vessels, and all have same resin in, and 2 are giving 000, then the prob has to be with the vessel

Advertisement