Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dual Ro Set Up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

David Taylor

Hi can any one help me? I have a single 4040 ro set up, I want to add a second membrane to speed up production but i`m unsure of the plumbing and can find any diagrams online to help.

If any one has a dual set up i`d be grateful of some advice.

thanks

Dave.

not 100% sure and i know this isnt a 4040 membraine setup, but im thinking it could work the same plumbing wise on the membraines???

DUALSIXSTAGE.jpg

That's weird!! I'm pretty sure, though I could quite easily be wrong, that my setup goes through the ro into the tank and then goes from the tank through the di out to my hose!! If that is the case is mine setup wrong? Like I said, I may not have traced all the pipe work correctly so I may be wrong. It is a bit like spaghetti junction there's pipes going all over the shop!!

That's weird!! I'm pretty sure, though I could quite easily be wrong, that my setup goes through the ro into the tank and then goes from the tank through the di out to my hose!! If that is the case is mine setup wrong? Like I said, I may not have traced all the pipe work correctly so I may be wrong. It is a bit like spaghetti junction there's pipes going all over the shop!!
What ro u got?

Personally I would join them up in parallel. I would split the pipe that comes off my carbon block filter into 2 and couple each to the inlet port of each 4040. I would join the 2 waste pipes together from each ro and the put the tap after that to regulate the waste and join the pures together and then put that through the di vessel. (I'm sure the sediment and carbon block filters must be 20" as I would imagine 10" would be to small for the volume.)

Issues I would see is that I would probably need to check if my 6.5 litre di vessel will keep up with the flow of water to be polished off from 2 membranes. I wouldn't be surprised if I would have to add another di.

Also my household water pressure to the tap would probably end up with too lower pressure due to the volume of water that both membranes would use, so I would probably expect to have to add a booster pump.

I would personally think about rather adding another IBC tank or two and linking them together.

It's not set up wrong, it makes no odds whether you produce into your tank or ro into it and di from there, mine goes pure into my ibc, I load up from there and clean with it. Others have the di in the van and use it from there as yours is. You're no worse off, arguably better peace of mind knowing that you di instantly before it hits the glass.

There are a number of ways that different manufactures couple the ro membrane housings together. The unit I had was that all the inlets were joined together, all the pure oulets were joined together as were the wastes. The waste pipe them went to a restrictor/flush valve and then to the drain.

My mates up the road is different. The first 2 membranes are as mine was but the 3rd membrane's inlet was from the waste of the first 2 membranes. Then the waste of the 3rd membrane was a single pipe to waste with a restrictor/flush valve. All the pure outlets were combined to go to the di vessel and then to storage.

The third way was to connect the waste outlet to the inlet of the next membrane, then the same to the third membrane. The waste from the third membrane went to waste via the restrictor/flush valve. The pure from each membrane was linked together to be polished off in the di vessel before storage.

RoMan have the latter diagram on their website (or used to) as they said that was the most cost efficient way of processing water if you were on a meter.

I found the best way was to order a couple of meters of 1/4" tubing in 3 different colours. The inlet water line to each membrane was 1 colour, the waste was another and the pure was the 3rd colour. Saved me getting mixed up in the early days when the system was new.

1/4" tubing on a 4040 R.O ?
Sorry Smurf. You're right. Forgot that the post was still about a 4040 and not about how many different ways a RoMan r/o can be coupled up.

And no - 1/4" tubing won't work on a 4040. /emoticons/smile.png

Back