Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro help( again)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Update. I tried following Dave's picture but got confused where the water goes from pre filters to membranes as my system appears to be different. I've travelled miles to various marine fish places and they didn't know either so I've made an executive decision and put it back in the shed to collect dust. I'm sticking with double di as I've already wasted £90 buying membranes and filters and 2 days of my time trying to sort it all out. I do however appreciate the help you gave chaps. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Update. I tried following Dave's picture but got confused where the water goes from pre filters to membranes as my system appears to be different. I've travelled miles to various marine fish places and they didn't know either so I've made an executive decision and put it back in the shed to collect dust. I'm sticking with double di as I've already wasted £90 buying membranes and filters and 2 days of my time trying to sort it all out. I do however appreciate the help you gave chaps. Thank you

Don't give up,Dan!  It's not rocket science.  

The MEMBRANE HOUSINGS have a single port at one end (where the screw cap is) and two at the other end (one in the centre and one offset to the side)

The tap water goes into the PREFILTERS at one side and out at the other. 

Water from the prefilters needs to go into each membrane at the SINGLE PORT end so you need 't' pieces to split the supply 3 ways.

At the other end the CENTRE port is the pure so you need to connect the three centre ports together into one pipe that then goes to the resin bottle and then to your storage tank.

The OFFSET port is the waste so you need to connect the three offset ports together into one pipe - if you have a waste restrictor this has to go in the single pipe after you've joined them all together.  From the waste restrictor the water goes to drain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I've tried this RO system again. I think it's set up nearly right but there's still something wrong. Have a look at the waste (green tube). I think it must be set up wrong. Tap water going in at 260. The water is coming out the waste pipe at over 400 and the pure pipe at 139. The thing is I'm getting a stronger flow out the pure pipe than I am the waste pipe. I thought it should be the other way round. I have tried turning the little tap on the waste pipe and it stops the flow but the flow from the pure always remains faster. That makes me think I've set the waste up wrong. I hope that all makes sense.
e2d2a7e3c597a69237020e96306a5a33.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Guys I've tried this RO system again. I think it's set up nearly right but there's still something wrong. Have a look at the waste (green tube). I think it must be set up wrong. Tap water going in at 260. The water is coming out the waste pipe at over 400 and the pure pipe at 139. The thing is I'm getting a stronger flow out the pure pipe than I am the waste pipe. I thought it should be the other way round. I have tried turning the little tap on the waste pipe and it stops the flow but the flow from the pure always remains faster. That makes me think I've set the waste up wrong. I hope that all makes sense.
e2d2a7e3c597a69237020e96306a5a33.jpg

Your restrictor and waste valve are incorrect.

It should look like this.

http://www.ro-man.com/shop/flush-kit-for-200-gpd-ro-systems.html?keyword=flush

For testing you can take the restrictor off and set the tap so you should have equal amounts of waste to pure and see if that helps. It could be that the restrictor is faulty or not correct for the membranes.

If you uncouple both waste and pure at the membrane housing and switch the r/o on, the waste is the fast flowing nozzle and the other will be pure. The pure comes from the center of the house where the waste is slightly to one side.

I'm a bit concerned as to whats in the middle housing. Why is the bottom red?

If your membranes have been sitting around then they could have dried out and not be working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your restrictor and waste valve are incorrect.
It should look like this.
http://www.ro-man.com/shop/flush-kit-for-200-gpd-ro-systems.html?keyword=flush

For testing you can take the restrictor off and set the tap so you should have equal amounts of waste to pure and see if that helps. It could be that the restrictor is faulty or not correct for the membranes.

If you uncouple both waste and pure at the membrane housing and switch the r/o on, the waste is the fast flowing nozzle and the other will be pure. The pure comes from the center of the house where the waste is slightly to one side.

I'm a bit concerned as to whats in the middle housing. Why is the bottom red?

If your membranes have been sitting around then they could have dried out and not be working.

Thank you Spruce. The filter is a gac filter ( I think that's what it's called) it came with the set I bought. I put new membranes in 2 weeks or so ago so I hope their not dried as they where costly. Thanks for the link. I'll have a go at that in the morning and hopefully I might actually make some pure water. Cheers mate.

Thank you Spruce. The filter is a gac filter ( I think that's what it's called) it came with the set I bought. I put new membranes in 2 weeks or so ago so I hope their not dried as they where costly. Thanks for the link. I'll have a go at that in the morning and hopefully I might actually make some pure water. Cheers mate.

Should be ok if they are new. I though you had had the r/o sitting around in the garage for ages and they were the original ones in the r/o when you purchased it. Sorry to scare you.

Cheers for all the help boys. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have home made pure.

Back