Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO Membrane

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Glazenwasser, impressive numbers, think I've been sold a substandard product and I spend a few quid with this company over a year. Where did you get your RO and how much did you pay , if you don't mind me asking ?
Cheers
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

There are different 4040's sold on the market with different membrane housings. The Champ is a popular one but there are others that are made of stainless steel with a slightly different clamping system. Then the same housing as the stainless steel one is available made from Glass fiber.

They will all do the same job; to hold the membrane in place to produce pure water. Its the membrane that's the key to the quality of a system. Put the same membrane into different housings and they will all perform the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Glazenwasser, impressive numbers, think I've been sold a substandard product and I spend a few quid with this company over a year. Where did you get your RO and how much did you pay , if you don't mind me asking ?
Cheers
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
I bought my equipment from GAPS and got the AXEON HF5 Series Ultra Low Pressure Membrane...ran it for a fair number of years at around 50psi still got 2 - 6 tds out from membrane from water between 240ish to 300+.... do remember temp has a very big effect on the production of 'good water'. As for how much I cannot for the life of me remember I bought it and first installed it in Sept 2009.

There are a few factors you will have to bear in mind.... temps have an effect.... different times of the year....i.e when everyone is filling their swimming pools, water their gardens in summer your pressure may well drop.... Your water provider may at any time change their source, routing of water to you house this could effect the temp and tds of the water....

I have 2 twin tds meters... 1= Before membrane (i.e tap tds), 2= After membrane, 3 after di vessel 1 and lastly 4= after di vessel 2..... this all helps be judge what is going on.

I have 2x di vessels..... after the membrane.... always put fresh resin in the 2nd spot after the membrane..... then when the tds go up on the meter I then move it to position 1 (shake it up and top it up a little) then remove di 1 emtyp/refill with fresh resin and place it into position 2...this way the 1st di vessel after the membrane does alot of the work and allows the 2nd vessel to finish it off..... this could of course be pants but its 'my way' of working :)....

Take care of your system it makes us money... without a good working water system, no amount of gadgets, doodads, super elite-fandango brushes etc will do any good.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back