Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO Systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clearview Lee

I currently have a 1000L IBC set-up in my garage which I pump to the van tank each morning.

My personal situation may unfortunately be about to change to where I’m not going to have the luxury of having a garage set-up.

Im trying to see how or if there’s a way round this without having to buy water from a spotless site.

Is there another way I’m missing??

Your help is so much appreciated.

Kind regards

Buy a shed or one of those Keter storage chests or sheds and insulate the inside to protect the R/O during winter and protect from sunlight, I'm pretty certain @Den has his set up including ibc in one of those Keter bike storage type things under his kitchen window

I have the RO mounted in front of my vans tank. A carbon and 2 RO membranes above each other so they take up little room, I think this is your best option. Just plug in the tap hose and plug in the waste hose and turn it on. Within 3hrs I have made 600 litres of pure.

I have the RO mounted in front of my vans tank. A carbon and 2 RO membranes above each other so they take up little room, I think this is your best option. Just plug in the tap hose and plug in the waste hose and turn it on. Within 3hrs I have made 600 litres of pure.
Thanks for this Scottish. Wow! That’s a very quick turn around 600l in 3 hours!! I take it that’s using an additional pump, right??

Thanks for this Scottish. Wow! That’s a very quick turn around 600l in 3 hours!! I take it that’s using an additional pump, right??
My tap water is very powerful and blew a few heat exchangers on our boilers. Its less than 4hrs for 650 litres of pure. I usually have 100 litres left in tank so probably 3hrs makes 500 litres to be exact. The next house you buy the first thing you will check is the tap pressure and room to build a shed or garage by the side of it.

Scottish lives in jock land where the tds is very low
If I remember rightly you’re Edgware way
Your tds is a lot higher but with a booster pump and decent waste to pure ratio you should be able to do 300l an hour easy

Back