Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

rough birthday hangover

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Yeh, got bought lot of drink at pubs yesterday/night. was great at the time as always. Dont usually have spirits but wasnt gonna turn them down, great when birthday falls on a saturday ? ?

some 70 odd % proof rum with whisky on top of beers ??? Anyone have any good hangover cures?? would like hair of dog later maybe. Wish I knew if tomorrows work cancel or not coz weather, or then again dont really have to do it tomorrow. Always like to try and do monday though nowdays

A hangover is caused by dehydration and low sugar levels due to the alcohol  absorbing it. The best thing to do to avoid it, bit late now, is to drink a can of coke, etc, before you go to bed and take another one to bed with you and drink this if you wake up during the night.

As you didn't you need to get fluids and sugar in so either drink sweet tea / coffee or cans of pop. Unfortunately this isn't a quick fix so you will have to suffer a bit longer

A hangover is caused by dehydration and low sugar levels due to the alcohol  absorbing it. The best thing to do to avoid it, bit late now, is to drink a can of coke, etc, before you go to bed and take another one to bed with you and drink this if you wake up during the night.

As you didn't you need to get fluids and sugar in so either drink sweet tea / coffee or cans of pop. Unfortunately this isn't a quick fix so you will have to suffer a bit longer
Haha, like it. I did pig out last night when got home, piza. Like to think it does something. Im really thinking tomorrow will be weathered off so some dog hair beverages are on the cards ?

Sat here with a banging hangover myself, drinking 2 pints of water slowly before bed does me well. Not sure what you can do now ? another pint?

Do a pint of water and a can of pop, it will be better than just water.
Im gonna try that next time. For now gonna brave that weather and head down town for a couple. See how high the rivers got, think high tides past now but with full moon should've been quite high with the wind.

Im gonna try that next time. For now gonna brave that weather and head down town for a couple. See how high the rivers got, think high tides past now but with full moon should've been quite high with the wind.
High tide Ipswich 12.02 about 40 or so minutes later each day from what I can tell. Slightly higher tides for the next few days then tailing off.

Sorry, moon phases, tides and weather are one of my interests as they're very important for sea kayaking.

?

Bit of an anorak, is the truth of it. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
High tide Ipswich 12.02 about 40 or so minutes later each day from what I can tell. Slightly higher tides for the next few days then tailing off.

Sorry, moon phases, tides and weather are one of my interests as they're very important for sea kayaking.

?

Bit of an anorak, is the truth of it. ?
 Im at woodbridge a bit further up the coast. lot of boats there. theres this caravan cafe on the riverfront and the high tides flood all around it. recent years its been getting higher and they often put the flood gates up. 

Im at woodbridge a bit further up the coast. lot of boats there. theres this caravan cafe on the riverfront and the high tides flood all around it. recent years its been getting higher and they often put the flood gates up. 
It's tough and worrying for a lot of people in vulnerable areas for sure.

It's tough and worrying for a lot of people in vulnerable areas for sure.
That 1953 disaster, canvey island and all up east coast a lot died. I think its madness to build another power station on the coast at sizewell up the road. 

Back