Safe contractor or chas? Anyone here

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Glasgowcwc, Feb 16, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Glasgowcwc

Glasgowcwc Newcomer

Anyone chas or safe contractor approved on here? If so what was the process like?

Advertisement
  2. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I looked in to this one of my friends is with safe contractor and he said it took ages to fill the forms out and the rest of it, but a lot of commercial clients like to see you have this so it is a bonus

3. Glasgowcwc

Glasgowcwc Newcomer

Was there a great deal of cost involved Neil?

4. Neil

Neil Grand Master

It depends how many employees you have mate, if your on your own it's around the £150 mark they want you to have things like accident books and all that sort stuff, once you have done it though all your health and safety stuff is loaded up ready to be sent to tenders and the tenders will look on the safe contractor website and you could end up getting a contract through that. I'm going to join checkatrade this week people round my way in London seem to be doing really well with it so I'm going to give it a go bit scared though lol

Advertisement