Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Problem customer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well today a got the blame for scratching a car with ma hose, clearly see someone has scraped there bumper along it but customer doesn't believe e me , told him you can clearly see some one has done thus with a car or van , hence the customer canceled and said he gonna take thus further , any advice as we can clearly see and know a reach and wash hose could not do this damage

Attachments

• 20240401_085733.jpg
    20240401_085733.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 17
Let them take it further. It looks like it's actually creased the door skin! No way that could be down to a hose, well unless you attached it to your bumper and drove down the side of their car!
I assume you have liability insurance?
Just wait for them to send you something in writing. At least you have your own images.

The images look like someone's black part of bumper has hit it. What colour is your hose ? I've not seen anyone use a black hose so ask them to explain how a red etc colour will leave a black mark instead of a red one if it's a red hose.

A fireman's hose wouldn't even leave that big a mark

Let them take it further. It looks like it's actually creased the door skin! No way that could be down to a hose, well unless you attached it to your bumper and drove down the side of their car!
I assume you have liability insurance?
Just wait for them to send you something in writing. At least you have your own images.
Yes , a just can fathom it out how he thought it was me , when you clearly see its a bumper scuff from another car or van

if he does "take it further" dont be over eager to rush things along .Even with insurance you dont want to be replying in writing to any letters in case you imply something by accident landing yourself in the doodoo.Play the long game is my tip.Pity theres water drops on the door having said that did u try to clean it

@painintheglass that's awful that they are blaming you, but just like the other lads have said do explain that it's only hose and it can't damage paint. Really p*sses me off how some people just pass the blame and try it on. Absolute chancers. Your insurance company will tell them to do one.

Bright yellow

Would it not then leave a yellowish mark ? I'd go chap there door and say since that's going to be replaced anyway, would you like me to show you what a mark from a yellow hose would look like.? If they say yes I'd rub it over a small part of it. They could rule out it being you.

It’s surprising how much damage a hose can do when being pulled around things. It causes more of a friction burn and will leave black marks very similar to the ones in the photo although that damage looks more like another car/van has caused it especially with the dent/crease. That looks like they are trying to find someone to blame as they haven’t got a clue who did it and don’t want to pay for it themselves.

@painintheglass that's awful that they are blaming you, but just like the other lads have said do explain that it's only hose and it can't damage paint. Really p*sses me off how some people just pass the blame and try it on. Absolute chancers. Your insurance company will tell them to do one.
You would be surprised pal. The heat generated when pulling hose round things is enough to burn holes in render/pvc downspouts etc no problem.

Would it not then leave a yellowish mark ? I'd go chap there door and say since that's going to be replaced anyway, would you like me to show you what a mark from a yellow hose would look like.? If they say yes I'd rub it over a small part of it. They could rule out it being you.
Tbh I’ve never known the colour of the hose to transfer. More often than not any damage caused by hoses is friction oriented leaving more of a black mark similar to the damage in the photos so I think he would be implicating himself more by doing that.

Tbh I’ve never known the colour of the hose to transfer. More often than not any damage caused by hoses is friction oriented leaving more of a black mark similar to the damage in the photos so I think he would be implicating himself more by doing that.
A hose burn will be very narrow and in a line not the width of the damage in the picture also it won’t dent it like that it’s 100% been hit by another vehicle

Well today a got the blame for scratching a car with ma hose, clearly see someone has scraped there bumper along it but customer doesn't believe e me , told him you can clearly see some one has done thus with a car or van , hence the customer canceled and said he gonna take thus further , any advice as we can clearly see and know a reach and wash hose could not do this damage
Mate the customer is insane! A toddler could tell you a hose couldn’t do that. I recon they’ve done it themselves and have been trying to find someone to burden the bill. For the best they’ve cancelled. Sorry though pal, I know the anxiety it can cause being blamed for something not your fault. Don’t let it make you lose sleep!

A hose on its own would only leave marks that could be removed easily. A dirty gritty hose could leave scratches and smudge marks but nowhere near as bad as that. To suggest that those marks were left by your hose is frankly ridiculous. Marks like that can only have been left by another vehicle or by the driver reversing up alongside a black/dirty post. The later I have done in my own vehicle a long time ago, and I must admit at first I did blame the 'idiot who put it there' when really it was my fault for not paying enough attention whilst reversing. :D

Pull it hard enough and the hose will leave a mark with the colour of the hose and it will cut/mark whatever it's rubbing against....

It will go nowhere as it’s a ridiculous suggestion going off the pictures! Just ignore it until someone contacts you and don’t lose sleep over it. BUT - Hoses should go nowhere near paintwork! I always make sure the hose stays flat to the floor and use the tyres of a car if I have to. Never had a problem!
It’s just always being aware of what your hose is doing.

Back