Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scraped glass ?!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi

I’ve just come across this post. I’m new to window cleaning and have only done a handful of cleans so far. I did a job today and when I was finished I walked around to inspect the glass and on a few windows it looks like there is a few scrapes. So I’ve been panicking since and when I came home I looked at my own glass where I did a few practice cleans and I have now found a few scrapes on my own glass. Have I caused these? Is it down to technique? Am I brushing too hard? I always thought if the glass is quite dirty it needs a good scrub?
Are you sure it's scraped and not just dry rubber friction marks

Hi

I’ve just come across this post. I’m new to window cleaning and have only done a handful of cleans so far. I did a job today and when I was finished I walked around to inspect the glass and on a few windows it looks like there is a few scrapes. So I’ve been panicking since and when I came home I looked at my own glass where I did a few practice cleans and I have now found a few scrapes on my own glass. Have I caused these? Is it down to technique? Am I brushing too hard? I always thought if the glass is quite dirty it needs a good scrub?
No need to scrub like mad, even if its a first clean. Let the brush and bristles do the work ?

It seems some clean with add umph but it really has no benefits. You will only ware out your equipment and your body sooner. ?‍♂️

Back