Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Here's a link for the type of hypo you want - although this 15% strength and you need to bear in mind it is available in different concentrations. But 10%, 15% it all does the job and just adjust the dilution accordingly. Now you know what to look for you might be able to find it locally at cheaper price. This particu;ar link is to Liquipak on Amazon and I've bought from them a number of times and delivery is fast and reliable (and used to be free!).
This is Benz Lightning Cleanze that @Pjj mentions. Just for your info if you did want to use it then buy it direct from Benz - I recently saw a company on Ebay selling 20 litres for £129.99 which is daylight robbery. It's pricey enough already but nowhere near that much. But that's fair enough because it is an approved product which obviously comes at a cost.

I also just want to clarify an earlier comment about biocide and the rain soaks it in?! No. You want it to soak in before it rains and if it rained hard enough too soon after spraying it you could end up needing to do it again. Apply on a dry day.
Another thing with a few of the mentioned brands the shelf life is a maximum of 3 months if the drum is not opened, normal hypo is a minimum of 6 months , with the lightning clenze and pure seal I had drums after 8 weeks that expanded and started leaking causing all kinds of issues both companies denied that this happens I have had it several times , I think it starts to decompose causing a gas this is another reason to not use them as they can leak in the van , garage or at the customers property

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This is nothing new Richard the HSE state and I have it in writing from them and the EA it’s safe to dilute to drains my insurance company are also quite happy with the way we use it . Do you think farmers and people that empty swimming pools put all that water into drums ? It is diluted to drain , even if you use an approved Benz or pure seal if this were true you would have to collect that waist water as well . Try googling waist management companies and then give them a ring and ask about this see what they say to you . 99% of all man made chemicals are safe to go to drains provided they are diluted we regularly do this on chemical spills even battery acids , bromine and a lot of other nasty products bleach by comparison is nothing . I don’t intend getting into an argument about this again as it’s been discussed many times before, but NONE of the main softwashing companies in the uk collect waist water .
Would think farmers have underground tanks to collect and dilute it and swimming pools are already massively diluted. What I am saying is spraying on a roof without diluting it, beyond the 1-4, the overspill and run off shouldn't be allowed to run off the roof.
That what it states on the data sheet and surely ignoring that means you're not using ir correctly.

Would think farmers have underground tanks to collect and dilute it and swimming pools are already massively diluted. What I am saying is spraying on a roof without diluting it, beyond the 1-4, the overspill and run off shouldn't be allowed to run off the roof.
That what it states on the data sheet and surely ignoring that means you're not using ir correctly.
Hypo shouldn’t be allowed to go into slurry tanks or septic tanks as it kills the bacteria that eat the poo etc , most dairy farms wash down the milking parlours twice per day using bleach they should dilute it but many don’t , I used to drive milk tankers years ago so regularly came in contact with this .
When spraying a roof once you get skilled at it there is very little run off any that there is is obviously diluted we regularly do this onto lawns and it’s very rare it even marks the grass let alone kills it , so ime 100% confident that is diluted enough not to cause any damage, there is an old saying in the fire service dilute anything 300 times and it’s safe , as a rule of thumb that’s true and is usually the direction from chemical manufacturers if there is a leak or spill . The EA are always far more concerned about a milk spillage going into a water course than a chemical.
Going back to roof cleaning once the mix has dried on the roof it’s harmless so within a few hours there isn’t a problem it turns into salt , again it’s very rare even using stronger mixes on roofs to see salt when it’s dry .

Latest Posts

Back