Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bartering

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

I clean the windows for a very rich :ninja: family, always follow me round the job while cleaning, ask why no soap etc, you know the sort :rolleyes:. Anyway, the daddy :ninja: asked me for a price to do a S/F/G clean this morning. Ok, I said, I'll just walk round and price it up. He was chatting away behind me trying his best to make me lose count of how many metres there were. Anyway, I finally managed to count up without him putting me off. I said, 'it looks like someone has made a start to cleaning the gutters' as there was one small section that was very white compared to the green gunge on the rest. "Oh no, no one has cleaned them, but the gardener cleared the gutters a few weeks back." Me thinking yeah yeah, they have taken it on and realised it was too big a job. He says, "how much with discount". I say £***. He says, £***!? Whilst gasping for air /emoticons/biggrin.png. "Is that the best you can do" he says. I say, 'I'm really busy and I would have to postpone regular work to do this job, so it has to be worth my while.' "Hmm" he says. "I don't normally get quotes from other people if I have someone that does work for me anyway, but I'm going to have to get other prices." Ok, I said, do me a favour and let me know the best price, just so I know how much others are charging.

I'm waiting with baited breath.

This particular window cleaning job ain't one for the long haul me feels :rofl:

sounds like this guy squeaks when he walks lol:D
I've found that the bigger the house they have, the louder the squeek. /emoticons/biggrin.png

@Tuffers, People always look for the cheapest quote without any regard to the quality of the work. And then they moan when the cowboys leave them high and dry. The general public never learn. :rolleyes:

yeh my biggest job of two days full of squares....ran a small loan company....bugger to get the money off......grrrrr.....and the painters must have been in a hurry as they broke so many roof tiles....

me hate the :specs:specs:specs type

once they start to haggle i increase my price from the original . and wont do it at the original . great fun seeing their face

You could have said something like "well I could always rent you my ladder and watch you risk your neck I suppose"

once they start to haggle i increase my price from the original . and wont do it at the original . great fun seeing their face
A mate of mine was selling his car. A man of certain ethnic origins rang up and asked how much for the car. My mate was selling it for £500. The man says £400, my mate says £600, the man says but it's for sale for £500, my mate then says £700, then the man says but you keep putting the price up, my mate then says £800. Needless to say he didn't buy the car /emoticons/biggrin.png

I will have to remember that one guy's....classic /emoticons/biggrin.png

A mate of mine was selling his car. A man of certain ethnic origins rang up and asked how much for the car. My mate was selling it for £500. The man says £400, my mate says £600, the man says but it's for sale for £500, my mate then says £700, then the man says but you keep putting the price up, my mate then says £800. Needless to say he didn't buy the car /emoticons/biggrin.png

That is quality, I can't wait to do that to someone now. /emoticons/biggrin.png Reminds me so much of the detention scene in inbetweeners for some reason; (0:20)

[media]

[/media]

:laugh: That reminds me of my old school days as my name was called out most weeks in the morning assembly as well as other troublesome types. But think the head teacher just liked whipping our arses with his cane if the truth be known /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yep I spent a lot of time in detention too. Although I was never lucky enough to get spanked for it.:thumbsdown:

tuffers like it

great feeling when you have plenty of work and your not bothered if you get the job or not

they can always spin on it eh hayho coo coo

Next time your in a curry house after you have eaten your meal when presented with the bill say " in not paying that much as my brother has said it's only worth this much so that's all I'm going to pay you" /emoticons/biggrin.png

Next time your in a curry house after you have eaten your meal when presented with the bill say " in not paying that much as my brother has said it's only worth this much so that's all I'm going to pay you" /emoticons/biggrin.png
Ahh, the days of doing a runner from the curry house /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back