Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sealing holes in a tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My current hose reel is mounted to my tank. It has been bolted directly through the tank. On Tuesday my new reel arrives from Pure Freedom. I plan to install the new reel using rapid rail. The tank has mounting points for this.
Can anyone suggest how to plug the holes that will be left when the current reel is removed?

My current hose reel is mounted to my tank. It has been bolted directly through the tank. On Tuesday my new reel arrives from Pure Freedom. I plan to install the new reel using rapid rail. The tank has mounting points for this.
Can anyone suggest how to plug the holes that will be left when the current reel is removed?

Depends what you’re trying to plug. However if it’s a hole in a plastic tank then google tank connector. Various plumbing options. May have to enlarge the hole size. If theres not a blanking option shown then worst case you connect a stub of pipe and an end stop.

Or if it’s a small hole a male / female cabinet connector along with stainless steel and rubber washers if you need a bit bigger.

Expanding top fitting toilet seat rubber bungs are great if you only have access to one side.

From experience during no corrosive metal bolt slightly to big. And some form of gutter seal. Apply to bolt and screw in should work well.

Don't enlarge hole as you will get **** in tank which then gets sucked though to pump filters.

I would use the bolts that currently hold your reel in and get some tap washers and use them on the bolts to provide a seal.
This was the very first plan. It is not very neat and tidy though.
Yes if it's just to plug some holes on top like 6/8mm maybe some hot glue
That's the kind of thing I was thinking about. I thought maybe put some tape underneath and then some sealant in the hole. removing the tape once it had set.

Thank you mate, that was super helpful. I've just emailed them to ask if they can help.
The guy who made my tanks is called Steve Scargill he works for them , or did a few years ago first rate work , if you wanted anything adding to bolt stuff onto the tank they can make and weld it ti the tank like bolts welded into the reinforcements to bolt reels etc to

The guy who made my tanks is called Steve Scargill he works for them , or did a few years ago first rate work , if you wanted anything adding to bolt stuff onto the tank they can make and weld it ti the tank like bolts welded into the reinforcements to bolt reels etc to
There are currently 4 M8 mounting points on the top of the tank. We were just going to secure rapid rail to that. This is only going to be a trial. I put the feelers out in a couple of places to sell this van with the system but had no interest. We're just gonna move the system over to a new, bigger van. That will be happening in around 6 weeks time so if this doesn't work long term I will just bolt the reel to the floor of the next van. It is helpful having the reel on the tank though. I spotted on Toolcraft's website that they sell some familiar storage solutions. I wondered where they were available. I have some in the current vans but I'm "not able" to use the previous supplier anymore.

There are currently 4 M8 mounting points on the top of the tank. We were just going to secure rapid rail to that. This is only going to be a trial. I put the feelers out in a couple of places to sell this van with the system but had no interest. We're just gonna move the system over to a new, bigger van. That will be happening in around 6 weeks time so if this doesn't work long term I will just bolt the reel to the floor of the next van. It is helpful having the reel on the tank though. I spotted on Toolcraft's website that they sell some familiar storage solutions. I wondered where they were available. I have some in the current vans but I'm "not able" to use the previous supplier anymore.
Obviously they must make stuff for other suppliers, but didn’t realise they supplied them , but they will make anything you want , prices will be more expensive for one off bespoke bits , but if they already make stuff dealing direct should make the bits a bit cheaper.

Latest Posts

Back