Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Second hand pole value?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Potta81

Hi guys, hope u all had a great Booze fuelled xmas!

Im basically thinking of getting a second hand pole & a back pack from Gardiner to use to clean fsg. 
There’s a Clx 27ft & slx 25ft for sale both at £150 each. I’m trad still & have no idea how much they go for in used condition.

whatever pole I get will be my back up pole/pole for fsg when I change to wfp.

In short would u pay £150 for either of these poles second hand? 

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/gardiner-slx-25-water-fed-pole-window-cleaning/1361410865?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/water-fed-pole-gardiner-clx-27/1360769503?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

Last edited by a moderator:
The condition of them is paramount. If they're badly worn they're virtually worthless. A new CLX would set you back circa £280 and the SLX another £50 more. Potentially it makes them look cheap but be wary of the condition.
both poles are on gumtree, just by the photos I’d say the Clx27 looks in better condition.

@Part Timer is right it's all about condition. I picked up a bargin before Christmas in the form of a 22ft Extreme pole for £175, I had to drive out to collect but has been worth every penny. Condition was good but I asked for detailed photos beforehand.

brand new it would have cost me over £500 which is "extreme" to say the least.

If it's in good nick buy it. But what some people are asking for Gardiner poles on Ebay etc beggars belief.

You're better off paying a little extra and buy a brand new, sparkly one with a warranty. 

Back