Sky dishes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by mrtaytay, Aug 23, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I have bumped a few sky dishes over the past few years with my ladder. I bashed one this morning and spent all day feeling guilty about it. Normally when I bump into one I have a sneaky look through the window to see if the custy is still getting a reception. Todays custies were out and I kept imagining them coming back to find that sky wouldnt work. I was tempted to go round to ask them if they were still getting a signal, but in the end didnt. I just thought that if I turned up and told them that I had knocked their satellite dish, then,even if it was fine now, any future problem may be blamed on me.

What do other people do when they bash a dish with their pole or ladder?....just carry on and forget about it?. A couple of years ago I did have a customer blame me for loss of sky reception even though I was sure my ladder hadn't touched the dish.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would only say anything if I happen to break whatever it is off the end. Now I remember the LNB then it will be truly knackered.:D

3. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Luckily everything was still intact. Cant believe how low this sky dish was.....just above the patio doors

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Ladders could knock a dish out of line, a pole is too light to.

1-0 to WFP :cool:

Unless you use a cnc banana :whistle:

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yep it seems sat installers don't go above ground floor now but they still drill holes in ppls walls :D

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That is to anchor the ladder so they can use their vertical life line & harness. Bless em:D

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

My mate subcontracts for sky..get caught not harnessed and bolted to the wall and it's the job centre for you

9. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

My mate has told me they are doing that now....dont they need to seek the houseowners permission before they start drilling.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

No not really as is part of the instillation cost. If they don't agree they don't get a dish fitted :D

Advertisement