Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

slx pole free brush any good

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Davidoneman

buying a trolley system and looking for advice , ive seen the gardniers slx poles seem to be good i see they come with a free brush are the brushes any good or do i need to buy a different one , ive seen the nano trolleys from pure freedom are supposed to be decent , its just a reverse osmosis system ive been looking but not sure where to get from i need one with di as readings are quite high in west yorkshire , does the pole or trolley system come with someway of stopping the water flow or is that something that needs adding ? also i see the brush has differnt options whats the best options for the brush ? many thanks for help

Your Real Name: david

The Location You're In:west yorkshire

How Long You Have Been Cleaning: 11 years

Brief intro about yourself: been cleaning traditionally but looking into trolley system for tops

For controlling the water get a univalve and add this to your pole. Once youve added one to your setup you will be able to pull your pole hose and the water will stop flowing, pull it again and water back on. Your backpack will have a flow controller to speed up and slow down the water flow. Quite a few brushes are free with the slx i think from memory, brushes are completely down to the individual mate but a great brush to start with is the ultimate medium, if your happy to pay an extra £8 or so to upgrade the get the dupont version of this brush, iv had one around 2 weeks, best brush iv used so far. Ive always had my RO system from collins water products, you can find him on ebay, great customer service although there probably are some better quality ones about. Welcome to the forum [emoji1360]

The best place to buy a R/O is from http://daqua.co.uk if you phone Doug he will tell you what you need, But the first thing you do need is a Tds meter so you know exactly what your tap water is the Doug will be able to best advise. 

If you intend to start out working from a car then I would buy a Gardiners backpack only issue is they are out of stock and so is the water genie backpack from The cleaning warehouse Wolverhampton these 2 products are £100's cheaper and will serve you just as well if not better than a  trolley, then once you switch to van mount in the future the backpack is still a good bit of kit to have and will easily fit the van without taking up to much space. 

For controlling the water get a univalve and add this to your pole. Once youve added one to your setup you will be able to pull your pole hose and the water will stop flowing, pull it again and water back on. Your backpack will have a flow controller to speed up and slow down the water flow. Quite a few brushes are free with the slx i think from memory, brushes are completely down to the individual mate but a great brush to start with is the ultimate medium, if your happy to pay an extra £8 or so to upgrade the get the dupont version of this brush, iv had one around 2 weeks, best brush iv used so far. Ive always had my RO system from collins water products, you can find him on ebay, great customer service although there probably are some better quality ones about. Welcome to the forum
emoji1360.png
I heard from someone that to fit the univalve in the gardiners pole the top bit has to be cut off because the diameter of the univalve is too big for the top section of pole. Id not read about that on here before. Anyone know about it? Tried to post it as new topic but keeps coming up with that new user intro stuff even though I select water fed pole section.

I heard from someone that to fit the univalve in the gardiners pole the top bit has to be cut off because the diameter of the univalve is too big for the top section of pole. Id not read about that on here before. Anyone know about it? Tried to post it as new topic but keeps coming up with that new user intro stuff even though I select water fed pole section.

We use SLX18 and SLK25 and have uni valves in both and they work perfectly. Had no issues with fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

yeh thought that wasnt right, got slx 22 so should be fine then. I do use a one stop which I find so handy that havent had the urgency to fit the univalve. I did stick it on the end of a bit of pole hose and seems perfect the way it pulls the valve on and off. Seems like it would be great as it is without changing the pole hose. Though I know no one recommends that, I wonder if many/any have just used one with the standard yellow pole hose that comes with the gardiner pole?

So if i get one of these univalves its best to get a different hose for the pole than the one supplied ? 
I havent bothered fitting it yet, just use one shot but if you check through a lot of past posts on here it seems best to get a different pole hose, shouldnt need too much length, whatever length the pole goes to. I think its meant to stretch a bit too much but seems a shame as it fits good and seems like would be fine. Im sure some have used it with the standard pole hose, wait and see if any more reply mate.

I havent bothered fitting it yet, just use one shot but if you check through a lot of past posts on here it seems best to get a different pole hose, shouldnt need too much length, whatever length the pole goes to. I think its meant to stretch a bit too much but seems a shame as it fits good and seems like would be fine. Im sure some have used it with the standard pole hose, wait and see if any more reply mate.

The normal 5mm pole hose is fine. That’s what we use and no issues. Dead easy to fit, just be careful with the ‘o clips.’ Im pretty sure there’s a video how to fit them on WCW if you’re struggling. 

I used a backpack for a year when I started out and in my opinion the best thing you can do is conserve water. The more you can conserve, the less you’ll need to fill up and the more time you’ll save.

With regards length, if you have the SLX22, you’ll need at least 30 feet of hose (9 metres to anyone under the age of 30) In my opinion, more is better. I buy 30m of hose from daqua and split it to use 15m as you’ll inevitably get leaks and will shorten over time. 

See my thoughts at the min are to use the pole on tricky windows that would need footing so i could leave the trolley in back of van and get enough length so dont have to take it out of van , majority of my customers have come from people doing a poor job with pole so they wouldt be keen on idea so thats my thought then as long as i do a good job with pole move to all tops then eventually all windows . But some of the windows would be trickey to get with a van system and wouldnt fancy lumping the back pack around . Its so hard ? , any new customers i will be telling they will be done by pole . 

See my thoughts at the min are to use the pole on tricky windows that would need footing so i could leave the trolley in back of van and get enough length so dont have to take it out of van , majority of my customers have come from people doing a poor job with pole so they wouldt be keen on idea so thats my thought then as long as i do a good job with pole move to all tops then eventually all windows . But some of the windows would be trickey to get with a van system and wouldnt fancy lumping the back pack around . Its so hard [emoji848] , any new customers i will be telling they will be done by pole . 

It’s totally up to you, as you know your work best but I’m sure the pros will tell you on the forum ‘start as you mean to go on’

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back