Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwashing walls and preventing runoff onto new tarmac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BrummyJohn

Hi Guys,

Potential client has asked me to softwash his walls but he's had new tarmac laid up to the walls.

I'm concerned about Benz lightning cleanze runoff damaging the brand new jet black tarmac.

On older tarmac we would simply have an operator standing by to continuously hose down any spillage, diluting the solution enough to restrict any damage. I don't feel this would be an effective solution on new tarmac.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Regards
John
biowash.ie

Tarmac issue.jpg

We do this all the time without any problems by just keeping the flow from the garden hose on it until the wall stops running with mix , but I would never advise anyone to do it just in case , but with experience at doing this type of job you get used to knowing his to do it without causing any damage plentry of water before during and after application will reduce the risks but it’s up to you as to how confident you are at doing the job , we would have one guy apply the mix and another constantly wetting the Tarmac down when the jobs finished again we would apply a load of water to make sure it’s all washed away . 

Yeah, thanks guys, same procedure as i would normally use also, just never done it on brand new tarmac before.

I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Thanks Dave. B and Pjj

Yeah, thanks guys, same procedure as i would normally use also, just never done it on brand new tarmac before.

I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Thanks Dave. B and Pjj
Copious amounts of water before during and after SHOULD stop any issues but use plenty to keep it well diluted, if you are unsure or unhappy about doing it don’t  take the risk . 

Tarmac being brand new ide be werryed about hypoing the walls have you considered using biocide insted
Biocide run off will also mark Tarmac as will Virosol , tfr and most other cleaners 

Back