Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Special offers/ deals

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I tell my customers if they recommend a friend and they become regular I give them a free clean as a thanks /emoticons/smile.png

I offer a free window clean when asked (price already built in to the quote as you do) when they get both their gutters cleared & fascias cleaned. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I run deals on discount sites such as Groupon from time to time. I have commercial work in the mornings which usually has to be done by 9am so have some free time after that and I use these deals to fill in the time, try out new ideas and generally keep myself out of mischief. You have to be clever in how you structure them though as you can end up working for less than minimum wage if you're not careful.

a lot of folk Dis the groupon . saying its for absolute fools. ive never tried it , and unless you have done it you cant offer a proper opinion.

of the folk who take you up on it Declan, do any convert into being regulars ? can you UP your normal price so that with the groupon discount it comes down to being your normal price?

i was about 2 yrs into my business when Groupon rang me up,trying to cut a deal . But by then i was busy and was wrestling with my first crazy sidekick /employee ,so i rejected the idea as id got enough dafties on my plate .

my thoughts at the time were that if i had been in the starting out phase ,maybe in my first 6 months , going with groupon would have given me a real kick in the pants,making me busy busy and getting me known out on the street [maybe not making much money however]

Last edited:
a lot of folk Dis the groupon . saying its for absolute fools. ive never tried it , and unless you have done it you cant offer a proper opinion.of the folk who take you up on it Declan, do any convert into being regulars ?

i was about 2 yrs into my business when Groupon rang me up,trying to cut a deal . But by then i was busy and was wrestling with my first crazy sidekick /employee ,so i rejected the idea as id got enough on my plate .

my thoughts at the time were that if i had been in the starting out phase ,maybe in my first 6 months , going with groupon would have given me a real kick in the pants,making me busy busy and getting me known out on the street [maybe not making much money however]
Hey Boarcity.

Yes, a lot don't like the concept and I can see their viewpoint. The reality is though that a lot of people use these sites and they are going to be around for a while at least so may as well get something out of them.

To answer your question - none! Several reasons for that - a) a lot are deal junkies, they buy your deal and then look for the next. Probably not the kind of customer you want. b) some expect the world for next to nothing and treat you like they own you. Yet again, probably not the kind of customer you want. c) some don't ever redeem the voucher. These are my favourites but it's hard to convert these to being regulars as you never get to meet them....

Yeah, I'd agree with your assessment. It's a good way for a new business to get going, get some practical paid experience and get some cashflow going.

Latest Posts

Back