Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black Run Marks Bottom Rails

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matty H

So I started this house a couple of months ago (windows and conny about 8 months old) I text her to ask about payment for last clean as she paid me online first time. She says can u come back and redo them black marks on PVC :huh:

I go have a look today and sure enough every bottom rail has black run marks down them. Not just at run off points but all along rail. So I'm like eh :angry:

Just a rub of restorer and they came up like new. I'm assuming its rubber seals but new windows and don't wanna be cleaning bottom rails after every clean. Ideas lads? :rolleyes:

Best thing to do is use some type of polish to coat them (water proof them).

Well that`s what i`d try any how

I think smurf uses ubik 2000, not sure if this coats them and protects them from elements or just cleans off the rubber run.

the ubix will work ,a good scrub around the seals and it will rinse it out , i find this happens on windows that are not cleaned on a regular basis

This used to be a problem with old UPVC windows where the rubber seal had weathered and deteriorated.

I have noticed it a bit with new fits recently. I don't think that the seal is as good as it should be. The UPVC is also of poorer quality and stains much easier than the old stuff did.

Its not your job to go round cleaning those marks off with restorer or anything else IMHO. If your customer has a problem then my advice is to stop doing her windows. Its not only your system causing the problem - the rain will also be doing it.

That's what I thought spruce. She said to me her conny / windows / new fascias and gutters cost her £30k :huh: so you'd have thought it was top quality :rolleyes:

Back