Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Squash court

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mikej

Hi everyone.
I have been asked to clean a squash court (the glass around it). Never done anything like this before.
I was thinking traditional with a long pole as don’t want to put ladders on the glass.
Anyone cleaned one before and can offer any tips?
This is the only photo I have of it for now.
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_8086.png
    IMG_8086.png
    486.9 KB · Views: 0
Hi everyone.
I have been asked to clean a squash court (the glass around it). Never done anything like this before.
I was thinking traditional with a long pole as don’t want to put ladders on the glass.
Anyone cleaned one before and can offer any tips?
This is the only photo I have of it for now.
Mike
Is it actually glass or toughened lexan polycarbonate?
Being that it's a court where rubber balls hit the surface expect lots of rubber friction marks, grease and hand prints at low level along with the chances of dust

If you've not cleaned one before and have no experience it's your call

Haven't you got a set of suitable ladders you can use? Add some additional non marking socks or two poundland sports elbow supports onto the ends

I personally wouldn't touch this job with a squash ball
How desperately do you need the money?

It’s glass on the outside and the inside is covered little blue circles that are all glued on so going over it with a squeegee won’t really do the job.
And also minimal water as it seeps behind and loosens all the glue and bits start to fall off.
They have specified no ladders, think they have had previous bad experience.
They have said they know it doesn’t come up great and just do the best you can.
It’s a favour for one of my regular customers.
I’m leaning towards just saying no, seems more hassle than it’s worth.

It’s glass on the outside and the inside is covered little blue circles that are all glued on so going over it with a squeegee won’t really do the job.
And also minimal water as it seeps behind and loosens all the glue and bits start to fall off.
They have specified no ladders, think they have had previous bad experience.
They have said they know it doesn’t come up great and just do the best you can.
It’s a favour for one of my regular customers.
I’m leaning towards just saying no, seems more hassle than it’s worth.
I wouldn't bother mate. That's my honest answer

Back