Stained Water Marks

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by scrim it, Jan 8, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

Does anyone have a solution to removing the water type staining that is on some windows. I'm not sure what causes it and how to remove it but it is the staining/ scum that doesn't come off with a scraper or cif/ jif. It looks like water marks that have dried in. The rubber doesn't move over the window easily and the winodw still looks dirty when I've finished cleaning it. Any info would be great please?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

Are you talking about lime scale? If so cilit bang lime and grime. Spray it on, leave it for a few mins then just wipe away or maybe use a scraper.

Or it could be chlorine water spots from a hose pipe. I hate them and the owners should be shot for spraying windows lol!!! With those, i clean and clean again.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I sometimes use tap water to wash down guttering and if they already have a window cleaner and don't want me to clean their windows after I say tuff luck to the poor windy next time as hard water and **** get onto the glass :D

There are a few so say professional makes of products to clean water marked/stained glass so maybe have a look on youtube/web to find out more.

4. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

I looked into limescale on windows on google and it seems that is what it is or because of hard water on glass through hose etc. So does anyone else use cilit bang on the windows or is there anything else.

I just read on the internet, if it is left too long, nothing will remove it unless the windows are buffed and restored. Does anyone provide that service?

5. OoO

OoO Guest

I use CB lime and grime and it eats through it.

IF the hard water/lime scale has been on the windows for years. Then you are looking at a professional to fix that. I have tried and failed over the years. I know of a cheat way, but tbh i wouldn't do it. A friend of mine uses diluted hydrochloric acid and it EATS everything. Unless you really know what you are doing, dont try this at home kids ;)

6. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

Great. I will give Cilit Bang a go the next time I come across it

7. OoO

OoO Guest

Try in pound land as well LOL ;)

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Will maybe get one to try aswell ;)

9. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

pound lands awesome you get some usefull bits in there now and then

10. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Unger have stuff out called rub out.. I was wanting to give it a try but never got round to it..

Advertisement