Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting out- Tax credits

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You don't really believe that people earning £98,000 a year would be entitled to government help do you? You seem to be suffering from a severe case of outraged indignation induced by listening to Tory lies on the radio.

Don't you know that stories about "benefit scroungers' are peddled by the media in order to demonise the less fortunate in order justify the dismantling of the welfare state.
I know plenty of people that have disabilities who get cars and allowances that are perfectly capable of working. My next door neighbour as an example, that's not any Tories lies, just facts. 

Left school at 16, now 54, had 1 weeks sickness benefit, ruptured achillies tendon, and no unemployment benefits in all that time. Some people want to lay down feeling sorry, blaming others, some people do something about it, it's all to do with your mind set. 

Interesting thread lads always a sketchy area this benefit lark ,

Personally I hate the whole shitty system and previous experiences on tax credits always landed me paying them back because working harder to earn more meant they paid me too much :(

I gave up on it long time ago now and when I went self employed 7 months ago I refused to use benefit help even with a house and 3 kids to provide for I just work my ass off at my business and even took on evening cash paid job before u find me in the joke shop asking for help.

I don't blame those who can and do use it for help and some play the system very well to there advantage good luck to them.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

they've tightened things on self employed for wtc. They want proof of income, customer lists, receipts for all expenses etc. I argued when I applied that customer lists are covered by data protection so I refused to send it to them. Because of that they refused my claim. Not worth the hassle if self employed

they've tightened things on self employed for wtc. They want proof of income, customer lists, receipts for all expenses etc. I argued when I applied that customer lists are covered by data protection so I refused to send it to them. Because of that they refused my claim. Not worth the hassle if self employed
I haven't been asked for any of that. Just my tax return end figure on a renewal once a year and to keep them informed on my childcare costs throughout the year. It's no hassle at all.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I haven't been asked for any of that. Just my tax return end figure on a renewal once a year and to keep them informed on my childcare costs throughout the year. It's no hassle at all.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

they didn't want any of it for ctc just wtc, which I thought was odd

The benefits can be used to your advantage when you are starting out. Especially if you have kids... you get child tax credit  and child beneift.

Obviously the lower your profit is for the year the more of these you will get.

So if you are sensible and invest a lot of your turnover into growth and businesses expenses for the first couple of years, you can grow your business and still claim the benefits. 

Obviously once your business grows you come into a problem with earning too much, so that's when it might benefit you going ltd.

Obviously this way of doing things is only if your main focus is to grow rather than have the money now.

You need to look at all these factors, look at you and your partner's financial situation, speak to an accountant and decide the best way forward for yourself.

the issue is that people abuse the system, meaning people who really need it are tarred with the same brush, everyone on benefits is either playing the system, or too lazy. Not true in most cases, but the minority are the ones you hear about. Same in this job, 1 beer token windy or splash & dash wfp windy can make hard working, good, legit people like us struggle to get work if they've left a sour taste in peoples mouths, then told everyone about it.

what you lot fail to understand about the 9ph self employed thing is that when you get wtc you get rent and council tax rebate depending on how many kids you have ect ect when added  all up people that are claiming have a good income as they havnt got any bills to spend the money on if they live in a rented place ........

i dont care weather people get or need help myself at lease there trying to work and trying to make a go of things and that goes along way in my book !  its the lazy ba,,,,,,,,,ds that dont try that get on my nerves and there plenty of them that know the way round the system because they know what boxes to tick  

if you are registered self employed  you will get WTC when you submit your estimated earnings , you will have to go into there website and get a  estimate of how much you will get on your yearly earnings,  You will get it, you have to be working 30 hours,  This does not have to be  actual window cleaning,    you can add time canvassing, computer work, book keeping, , so you dont have to have earnings of 30 hours work cleaning windows only.     You can spread it oout.      But your takings will have to increase yearly otherwise they may stop them , if you are not seen to be making a proffit they may smell a rat

Back