Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting up from scratch

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi, I'm looking to start a business from scratch. Any help or advice regarding how to set up would be appreciated. I have been office based for 25 Years so this is all new to me. I intend to set up a local round in the Ng17 area within a +- 5 Mile radius. I have taken a break from work for approx. 1 Year and I am looking to start towards the end of this Year. I have an interview with Job Seekers in a few Weeks, any help or advice would be appreciated.

Are there courses that I can attend?

Are there subsidies available from the government?

What van to go for? Is it better to get a van then have a system fitted.

Who can you recommend to fit a system?

What pole system and size tank?

Hot or cold?

Insurances, TAX, NI, ETC..

I've got a fairly decent business head on my shoulders but I'm sure it isn't that straight forward And there are many pitfalls to avoid.

Many thanks in advance,
If you have an interview with job seekers does that mean you are aiming to receive universal credit?

I know a few friends have taken the route of starting from scratch and utilised the given self employment scheme which is called the NEA programme as listed on the direct directgov website which is a year long business start up scheme 

You'll receive mentoring and a full programme of activities 

Business plan 

Cash flow forecast 

Survival budget and so on.

Or you could skip all that and buy a van and the equipment which suits the services you are aiming to offer. 

Important note

Using a family car on standard personal insurance is null and void for work use

Public liability is a must 

If you have an interview with job seekers does that mean you are aiming to receive universal credit?

I know a few friends have taken the route of starting from scratch and utilised the given self employment scheme which is called the NEA programme as listed on the direct directgov website which is a year long business start up scheme 

You'll receive mentoring and a full programme of activities 

Business plan 

Cash flow forecast 

Survival budget and so on.

Or you could skip all that and buy a van and the equipment which suits the services you are aiming to offer. 

Important note

Using a family car on standard personal insurance is null and void for work use

Public liability is a must 
Many thanks for your reply. NEA sounds the way forward for me. I have a business plan and hopefully this will be accepted and I can kick on.

Many thanks for your reply. NEA sounds the way forward for me. I have a business plan and hopefully this will be accepted and I can kick on.
That's the easy part. Spend as much time as you can researching the trade it's equipment and systems. It's all here and just a search away.

My best tip is to not create massive lists of kit and get others to approve your choices. Simply get what you need to get the job done 

Latest Posts

Back