stencilling my ladders

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by boarcity, Feb 24, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

just thought id share my stencilling . iv always done this to my ladders its just 1 extra deterrant to theft. whether its made any difference i dunno but nobodys ever taken em. i first prepped the area by lightly sanding it then used car paint primer filler in an aerosol. then a spray aerosol of gloss black for the top coat . After waiting a few hours for it to dry i stencilled on my phone number using green Acrylic paint. Acrylic is very hard wearing.
    i had my previous ladders marked up exact same way and after 8 yrs paint was still almost perfect. stencil 001.JPG

Advertisement
  2. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

You should get another bit and have it at eye level and write need a window cleaner lol

3. Jacob

Jacob Guest

Wouldnr it be easier to put a strip of text on it like on the van?
    But still a good ides been thinink of doing it to my ladders

4. Rosewood

Rosewood Active Member

Never thought of this, great idea. Not only anti theft, another way to advertise as well.

5. albootyerbaws

albootyerbaws Well-Known Member

scraped my initials on mine in several places with a sharp nail. i always chain mine to roof bars at end of the day. never bothered for years until some scumbag tried to nick them at 3 in the morning it was summer time & i had the bedroom window open to let some air in. i heard the ladders clattering looked out window & the scumbag was trying to run down the road with them dragging behind him.shouted at him :swear: :swear: & he dropped them & took off.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Jacob

Jacob Guest

I have all my ladders clamped down with Rhino clamps they are lockable, i reccomend.

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i got the idea after seeing a decorators ladders. his had the stiles painted full length gloss black ,then his name and phone details were painted in white ,this must have been done by a signwriter as it was very neat.

Advertisement