Stickers And Glue On New Windows

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by bluemoon, Aug 24, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

Hi people I've got another question I hope you can answer. I've got a regular customer that have just had all new windows fitted. The fitters have tried to clean the stickers and adhesive from the glass but haven't done a very good job. The customer has said they were recommended something called 'ifi ' cleaner? What would you guys use to clean the adhesive of? Could I use traffic film remover?

Hope this makes sense and someone can help

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

If there's still stickers on there use a scraper.

3. OoO

OoO Guest

Oh yeah make sure you wear gloves when using it. I know a chap who ate his lunch after using this. Rushed to hospital as he ingested a fair amount somehow.

4. Masons

Masons Guru

I'd use a scraper.. as long as you use plenty of suds and have a clean blade and do nothing stupid with it you shouldn't damage the glass.

I've used a scraper for stickers, bird poo and silicon for 11 years no trouble.

5. Eclipse

As above as long as the glass is wet or well soaped up it won't scratch.

6. OoO

OoO Guest

Scrapers are fine in the right hands, but i have not come across a single builders clean that hasn't got scratched glass. Most of these cleans are by "professional" window cleaning companies. Concrete and scrapers don't mix, neither does sticky residue and not enough lubrication.

7. Eclipse

The problem lies with the air quotes Damo, there's professionals then professionals who care what their service level is like, I've used a scraper for years on builders cleans and the like and never scratched the glass but been to rectify work after the cowboys have been in and done it dry.

8. mark m

mark m Hero

I use the same as damo sticky stuff removal it is great I put a little bit on leave for a minute then gently rub with a magic sponge sorted

9. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

Thanks Damo and everyone. I will try the stuff from B&Q. I've used scraper before and yes always make sure well lubricated, never had problems, just that the customer is very picky and wanted make sure all the glue comes off.

Thanks again.

Advertisement