Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stubborn marks on glass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RWCleaning

I did a dirty external & internal window clean yesterday on a bungalow. Inside hadn't been cleaned in a few years, the outside in about 2 years apparently. I did a normal thorough clean with my Super-lite medium mixed (my favourite 1st clean brush) didn’t rush at all, good rinse blah blah blah 

Then indid the inside, I do it this way to see if there’s still the odd mark outside. But I was shocked at how many marks there still were on the outside, these yellow & white dots everywhere. Some the size of a 5p coin still! Did all get inside, and I’d say in half of the windows there were marks on the outside. Finished, then had to get pole & hose back out. Decided to put my Stiff Radius Sill brush on (The big red Gardiner one) treated it like a dirty first clean again but just on the glass, frames came out great 1st time.

Packed up, waited 5-10 minutes, thankfully the glass dried pretty quick. I still had to go around and scratch off a good 5 or 6 of these marks Witt my finger nail & microfibre cloth. I’ve seen those marks before though but not sure what they are, the customer reckons it’s pollen. I Dunno maybe. Is there anything different you would of done? What happened if you were doing a big tall house?

Soak window, spray on TFR, stiff brush clean with a thorough rinse, let dry. Change brush to normal maintenance brush, clean again. Sometimes the only way to get the stubborn pollen/spider poo marks off is to detail the glass with a magic sponge or Gardiner’s white scouring pad. Even hot water doesn’t shift some of them first time round. I personally treat ALL first cleans to the ‘restore’ type of clean - and yes I even use ladders!!!!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Sounds like bee pollen or similar ,as glass act said spray with virosol ubick or similar then give it a good scrub this will normally remove it . Cold water at this time of year will struggle to remove stuff like this that has been baked on the glass for months or evan years . Since we have been using hot water it does help quite dramatically removing this type of thing ,but we still have a close inspection after doing this type of job just to be on the safe side 

Latest Posts

Back