Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing of Mansion

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JCW

Hi guys,

I was wondering how much would you charge for something like this. I quoted already the price, and was refused. Lady showed me conversation with another bloke, which offered her with lower price based on Whatsapp pictures ?‍?

Conditions of the windows:
All Georgian Windows, wooden grills inside and outside.
Recently painted (+-2 months ago, judging by the pollution on the frames)
Glass has not been clean for a while.
Painters were a bit in a rush - paint droplets on all panels, occasionally long strips of the paint (2cm from the frame, because was difficult to hold the brush apparently)
About 10 windows with ornamented rail in front, so no brush sticking through

Condition of the conservatory:
Lead ridge on top, which did stains
The roof is foggy with 100 years old baked dust and leaves (brass scrub needed prob.)
Thick cobwebs all around the beams
Black mould inside

28 Double panelled G. windows (56 panels)
12 double sided french doors (24 panels)
Conservatory Roof panels 28 (the quarter is heightened as seen)

Requirements:
Inside and outside - complete spotless cleaning
All paint outside has to be removed

Attachments

• Outside.png
    Outside.png
    581.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Inside 1.png
    Inside 1.png
    993.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Inside 2.png
    Inside 2.png
    1 MB · Views: 31
Thanks Chris, now hold on to your hat. I quoted £1050 with the offer that the roof on the conservatory won't be spotless. Is simply too old. I told her it can take possibly 2-3 days. She almost fainted, so she asked for ''deal''. Then I said I can do normal initial cleaning without bothering with that paint (still the roof not ideal), so that would be around £650. Then she pulled out a conversation with the local cleaner. He offered her perfect spotless cleaning inside-out for £300.
And I was like - Am I doing something wrong? Do these cheap chaps have more work than me? I did not even rise the price with inflation ...

Thanks Chris, now hold on to your hat. I quoted £1050 with the offer that the roof on the conservatory won't be spotless. Is simply too old. I told her it can take possibly 2-3 days. She almost fainted, so she asked for ''deal''. Then I said I can do normal initial cleaning without bothering with that paint (still the roof not ideal), so that would be around £650. Then she pulled out a conversation with the local cleaner. He offered her perfect spotless cleaning inside-out for £300.
And I was like - Am I doing something wrong? Do these cheap chaps have more work than me? I did not even rise the price with inflation ...
Yeah it's just ridiculous the price some window cleaners go in at. I quoted a small road of houses, all £500k+ in an affluent area that I normally avoid advertising because every window cleaner and his dog flocks to it. My price for one of them was £35, the homeowner was telling me that his current window cleaner charges £16 and comes all the way from Yorkshire as apparently everyone over there is poor. That's probably about a 50 minute drive away maybe longer in traffic, that's on top of carrying a van load of water so the fuel cost will be high as well.

You know the stupid thing, those so called 'poor' areas are the areas where I tend to get the best money for all the add on work. They have no clue some of these cleaners. Just because someone is in an ex council house it doesn't mean they're poor, they're probably richer than a lot of those in these big old houses as they're living well within their means.

The only thing you was doing wrong was continuing the conversation with her and not getting the others cleaners number, I’d be pimping him right out if he’s happy to pull his nuts out for £80 a day ?

No way they would be spotless inside and out for that price. Not a chance.

We quoted a job this week for £14 previous window cleaner was £6 she did nearly faint, but took us up as they where desperate. Anyway long story short she came out halfway through cleaning them flabbergasted at how good a job we where doing. No longer complaining about the price. Qualify generally dos not go with cheep.

Agree with scottish - although it depends how much other work you have - also how good / confident you are are tackling non standard trad / builders cleans. I can imagine myself quoting too low and cursing when the realisation hits of what i have to - done that many times haha

The only thing you was doing wrong was continuing the conversation with her and not getting the others cleaners number, I’d be pimping him right out if he’s happy to pull his nuts out for £80 a day ?
I know, it was a kind of panic, because I cleared the Friday and Monday in my schedule, as I was convinced I will get it. It does not happen to me very often that people refuse the quote... About him, at first it was a kind of anger, but then transformed to the laugh and feeling sorry for him. In my area plenty of these vans rattling around, struggling to fix the flappy fender, but accepting to bow before a posh Cruella.

Agree with scottish - although it depends how much other work you have - also how good / confident you are are tackling non standard trad / builders cleans. I can imagine myself quoting too low and cursing when the realisation hits of what i have to - done that many times haha
I do trad and wfp since the beginning - cleaning the shopfronts after builders too. I am extremely busy, finished at 7 PM yesterday, and prepared van to this job until 8. Just that feeling when you know you are somehow right, and the customers keep arguing about the penny, while they living in the clouds.

Latest Posts

Back