Sufficient kit?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Dundeeladdie, Jul 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Dundeeladdie

Dundeeladdie Member

Hi all.
    Would like to start up within a month, purely residential and purely wfp.

Was just wondering if it's possible to do a good job for the customer with just, pure water, pole, and trolley system and a selection of maybe 3 brushes... oh and a fair amount of practise.

Or would I also need a selection of trad kit too? ladders, scrim, micro fibre etc?

I don't really fancy doing the insides (might just say my insurance doesn't cover it if asked to do any).

Any thoughts, suggestions and a list of kit (other than pole, water and brush lol) that you purely wfp guys use would be most appreciated.

It may seem obvious to experienced windies but to us green, wet behind the ears newbies it's not, so any essential kit you couldn't do without please share.

Thanks fellas.

Advertisement
  2. abs

abs Guru

You could manage easy with a trolley and pole but your limiting the jobs you can do as even using wfp you still have to go on flat roofs and use ladders to access rear gardens ;)

3. PureClearYork

PureClearYork Member

This would get you started, but have a plan for when work increases, trolley won't give you much water. A full day using WFP, I use about 400litres. If you plan your purchases with the future in mind rather than just immediate needs, will save you money and time in the long run.
    Would also get basic trad kit, can be handy sometimes...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It starts becoming very labour intensive as the busier you get just using a wfp trolley/backpack. Myself I started off down the wfp trolley route but soon got fedup humping water containers and trolley about. I would say that's the main reason why most get a a van mount in the end.

Stick waggling as cheapncheerful puts it is not as easy as it looks as I found out very quickly is bloody hard graft.

5. Dundeeladdie

Dundeeladdie Member

Thanks guys.
    I'm under no illusion about the amount of hard graft involved.
    Looking to make a real business of this.
    Stick waggling seems the route for me.
    I'm really after a small list of essential kit, apart from the pole, brushes and trolley etc.
    Cheers.

6. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

To save £50-60 initially you only need one brush starting out, I'd recommend either a Gardiner Sill or Tecbuk for first cleaning. Then buy a Gardiner Extreme (much lighter) for the maintenance cleaning 3-4 months later.

7. cheapncheerful

it is indeed hard graft...but fun as maybe a novelty yet dont know.. i use it to get me warmed up and going at the start of the day....and when me water runs out and i :gush: at least my body is awake to get stuck into more windows....

did my backs yesterday and all the wife could say is...cant you get a shorter pole for the bottoms as you nearly took my eye out with it then...my reply....well dont bloo dy stand there....

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

spatial awareness as you put it in an earlier post is important too cheapncheerful
    I've hit a few things including expensive cars with the end of me pole but never me wife :D

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#9 Smurf, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    What size van have you got as the list can be endless depending what jobs you get asked to do?
    Canyoujustdo customers will ask

Clean the conservatory roof
    Unblock the house guttering & downspouts
    Clean the outside of the fascias, soffits & guttering
    Restore my grey and marked window frames & doors
    Clean my drive, patio and or decking

10. abs

abs Guru

Cheap essentials
    100 ro about £120

35 Ltr trolley £220

30 ft pole £120