Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Summer Attire, Footwear and Tops

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tried finding an old thread to resurrect but couldn't so.

I recently bought some of these https://www.sportsshoes.com/product...rNBX7jfs42rS7mUVvvK4YNOnsAlG0WA0aAoU6EALw_wcB these are Graphine infused soles the wear rate in 2-3 weeks has been virtually zero trail runners are getting 100's of miles from them they are the most comfortable trainers I have have ever worn for work and I have done 20 miles on a weekend hiking in them, there is few YouTuber's reviewing these and you need to go up to 1/2 a size as a minimum or even a full size,

I now own two pairs of Inov8 trainers and pair of their Gore-tex hiking boots all super grippy and comfortable!!

https://www.workwearexpress.com/spiro-performance-aircool-tee also bought some of these for when summer weather returns really lightweight and breathable and even kept me warm on windy days

Also bought https://amzn.eu/d/07oH3G1B 2 pairs of these lanyards for my old raybans for work and my new Oakleys' no more dropping sunglasses especially my expensive Oakleys'

worst shoe for this trade is a HIMALAYA work shoe-looks great, anti static sole and all that but one step on the ladder and you are in trouble,its as if the rungs have been greased! i spent a whole day placing my feet at the sides of the rungs -ever tried climbing a ladder that is iced? well the Himalaya sole will remind you of how climbing Everest feels wearing shiet shoes
Strangely i ended up keeping them,,,but for "show use only "

Tried finding an old thread to resurrect but couldn't so.

I recently bought some of these https://www.sportsshoes.com/product...rNBX7jfs42rS7mUVvvK4YNOnsAlG0WA0aAoU6EALw_wcB these are Graphine infused soles the wear rate in 2-3 weeks has been virtually zero trail runners are getting 100's of miles from them they are the most comfortable trainers I have have ever worn for work and I have done 20 miles on a weekend hiking in them, there is few YouTuber's reviewing these and you need to go up to 1/2 a size as a minimum or even a full size,

I now own two pairs of Inov8 trainers and pair of their Gore-tex hiking boots all super grippy and comfortable!!

https://www.workwearexpress.com/spiro-performance-aircool-tee also bought some of these for when summer weather returns really lightweight and breathable and even kept me warm on windy days

Also bought https://amzn.eu/d/07oH3G1B 2 pairs of these lanyards for my old raybans for work and my new Oakleys' no more dropping sunglasses especially my expensive Oakleys'
I bought a pair of inov 8 trail runners back in autumn. Really rate them. Wore them on a marathon. No rubbing or sore spots at all. They were about £130 so weren`t cheap. Good to know the cheaper ones are also comfortable.

I still swear by my British army Lowa GTX mountain boots for footwear and British army black self wicking t shirts that I've put my logos on
Stick with my regatta lightweight quick drying trousers

I bought a pair of inov 8 trail runners back in autumn. Really rate them. Wore them on a marathon. No rubbing or sore spots at all. They were about £130 so weren`t cheap. Good to know the cheaper ones are also comfortable.
How do you find the fit as there's a fair amount of talking about the sizing being on the small side and the toe box being narrow?

There are decent discounts on the website I linked as they are usually £130 upwards for Inov8 trainers, two years ago Inov8 were £170 a pair, I assume they've dropped the prices to be more competitive and generate more sales.

I still swear by my British army Lowa GTX mountain boots for footwear and British army black self wicking t shirts that I've put my logos on
Stick with my regatta lightweight quick drying trousers
I rate Regatta stuff never used to but it's good gear, I have some of their winter mountain trousers for working and walking and also their summer edition ones got all them in the sale as they can be £70 upwards they are narrow legged and elasticated cuffs at the hem as I don't like the standard ones which are just too baggy.

I rate Regatta stuff never used to but it's good gear, I have some of their winter mountain trousers for working and walking and also their summer edition ones got all them in the sale as they can be £70 upwards they are narrow legged and elasticated cuffs at the hem as I don't like the standard ones which are just too baggy.
My only gripe with my favourite Action trousers is that the waist band is too thin. Needs to be thicker for beots. They are robust and make a great compliment to workwear uniforms

I’m going to follow this thread.
For work I’ve always used the same £25 slazengers from sportsdirect ever since I started in 2011! Recently I’ve found my feet have started aching a fair bit after my heavier days, maybe it’s cause I’m not 21 anymore?! but want to start thinking about my footwear choices a bit more.

My work trousers are englebert Strauss and have used them since I started, so have lasted 13+ years. I brought a pair of boots from them ages ago and was annoyed as they didn’t last any longer than the Slazenger’s, we are talking less than a year. So up for shoe recommendations

Im pretty much wearing what I wear in winter minus the jacket, a lot of days I am still wearing a fleece/gillet as its not very warm.

Salomon - https://www.ultimateoutdoors.com/16...uOR3zKOCrO84XBplO5dng4SKfO9dOEohoCXC4QAvD_BwE

(Never leak and come with 2 year guarantee which they are really easy to deal with if a problem occurs)

Montane Terra pants, which dry in 15 mins very lightweight and last about one year -

Both can be bought a lot cheaper if you shop around.

Showa 330 gloves.

For work I’ve always used the same £25 slazengers from sportsdirect ever since I started in 2011! Recently I’ve found my feet have started aching a fair bit after my heavier days, maybe it’s cause I’m not 21 anymore?! but want to start thinking about my footwear choices a bit more.

My work trousers are englebert Strauss and have used them since I started, so have lasted 13+ years. I brought a pair of boots from them ages ago and was annoyed as they didn’t last any longer than the Slazenger’s, we are talking less than a year. So up for shoe recommendations
Sports direct have the rights and have resurrected many old brands and have ruined Karimoor, slazenger, hitec and a few other selection names that they now own and have products made which have had the quality and grade of materials slashed drastically causing premature failures in most of their footwear.

If you want to purchase footwear I'd recommend staying away from Sports direct and shopping elsewhere

Window cleaners do not need steel toe capped boots which is the common mistake many new starters make but walking boots are highly recommended as they correct your posture and support the arch of your feet. many trainers are flat and you'll increase the risk of fatigue, sore feet and also unhygienic moisture

How do you find the fit as there's a fair amount of talking about the sizing being on the small side and the toe box being narrow?

There are decent discounts on the website I linked as they are usually £130 upwards for Inov8 trainers, two years ago Inov8 were £170 a pair, I assume they've dropped the prices to be more competitive and generate more sales.
Well I'm a size 14 but a small 14. I do have fairly narrow feet though. I found them pretty much spot on

My only gripe with my favourite Action trousers is that the waist band is too thin. Needs to be thicker for beots. They are robust and make a great compliment to workwear uniforms
The only gripe I have with mine is they have a hook and bar type clasp on the inside and because I had ordered a size 30 when I have a 28" waist they come undone just as well there is press stud fastening as well 😅, overall a very good work trousers though water resistant/showerproof and quick drying

Well I'm a size 14 but a small 14. I do have fairly narrow feet though. I found them pretty much spot on
With my trainers, I found even though I have plenty of room with ordering a 1/2 size up my big right toe was bumping against the front of the trainer now and then which caused a slightly achy toe for a week or so but that's stopped altogether now, I had a similar thing at the weekend with the boots after walking 14 miles, but my wife said she couldn't fault hers after walking 5-miles on Friday evening,

I wear these https://www.regatta.com/mens-mountain-walking-trousers-navy/ currently on sale at £39.99 down from £100 these are the winter ones, although despite being classed as a winter trouser don't be put off they are thin and lightweight but offer a decent amount of wind resistance and water resistance.

Work boots I wouldn't have a pair given even if I was offered a free lifetime supply, I wear these https://www.sportsshoes.com/product...320-trail-running-shoes?_cur=GBP&gad_source=1 pricey you may think for work but I used to pay £50 for a pair of trainers in previously and I could walk the soles flat within 10-12 weeks as these are graphene infused I am expecting to get this summer and next out of them,

I used to opt to buy Keen hiking boots when they were on sale but the build quality has dropped right off and I don't find them comfortable at all any more the same with Merrell which can sometimes be bought a decent discount they aren't what they used to be I have had them leak like a sieve, start dropping to bits and just not comfortable anymore despite changing the insoles,

Footwear is a very personal thing and if you went on a hiking group page you'd get many different answers, for me I'll now never stray away from Inov8 trainers or boots, although I do have a pair of https://www.nevisport.com/salewa-me...=1#color_code=Asphalt-Orange&size_legacy=10.5 not for working, also no idea why they are listed as a mountain trainer because they ain't, they are a high fitting mountaineering boot, Salewa boots are highly rated and Italian made so the build quality is exceptional they just have a not so good vibram sole, I managed to buy my wife a pair of their Rapace boots for £134 in the sale almost exactly the same as the ones I linked but one of their newer boots.

Interesting. I've got a pair of karrimors that are now resembling crocs so need a new pair. They've probably lasted me 10 months.

On the subject of summer - anybody actually found it yet? South Wales is still soggy.

I wear these https://www.regatta.com/mens-mountain-walking-trousers-navy/ currently on sale at £39.99 down from £100 these are the winter ones, although despite being classed as a winter trouser don't be put off they are thin and lightweight but offer a decent amount of wind resistance and water resistance.

Work boots I wouldn't have a pair given even if I was offered a free lifetime supply, I wear these https://www.sportsshoes.com/product...320-trail-running-shoes?_cur=GBP&gad_source=1 pricey you may think for work but I used to pay £50 for a pair of trainers in previously and I could walk the soles flat within 10-12 weeks as these are graphene infused I am expecting to get this summer and next out of them,

I used to opt to buy Keen hiking boots when they were on sale but the build quality has dropped right off and I don't find them comfortable at all any more the same with Merrell which can sometimes be bought a decent discount they aren't what they used to be I have had them leak like a sieve, start dropping to bits and just not comfortable anymore despite changing the insoles,

Footwear is a very personal thing and if you went on a hiking group page you'd get many different answers, for me I'll now never stray away from Inov8 trainers or boots, although I do have a pair of https://www.nevisport.com/salewa-me...=1#color_code=Asphalt-Orange&size_legacy=10.5 not for working, also no idea why they are listed as a mountain trainer because they ain't, they are a high fitting mountaineering boot, Salewa boots are highly rated and Italian made so the build quality is exceptional they just have a not so good vibram sole, I managed to buy my wife a pair of their Rapace boots for £134 in the sale almost exactly the same as the ones I linked but one of their newer boots.
Are the trainers waterproof?

Back