Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

System stopped working? Help!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ashley1337

Was just mid way though a house and the water flow stopped. Taken things apart and put back together one by one and got to the uni valve, once the univalve is installed (open) water just won’t go though? Can blow air though it no problem though.

Once I take it off the water flows through the pipe no problem. The univalve is 2 weeks old and haven’t had any sign of issues prior to this.

Anyone ideas?

Was just mid way though a house and the water flow stopped. Taken things apart and put back together one by one and got to the uni valve, once the univalve is installed (open) water just won’t go though? Can blow air though it no problem though.

Once I take it off the water flows through the pipe no problem. The univalve is 2 weeks old and haven’t had any sign of issues prior to this.

Anyone ideas?
Try recalibrating your controller see if that helps

So I managed to fix the problem initially, finished one house, went to the next and that was fine. Got to the last one of the day and as soon as I extended my pole to the maximum to get 3rd story windows, it was on and off, and stayed that way for the last part of the job.

Going to have to return in the morning to make sure the windows rinsed properly.

Currently I can hear the motor turning on and off and the jets come on for a second, and turn straight back off and just repeats.

When I'm low on water and extend my pole the water fails to flow. When I lower the pole to ground level the water begins to flow and gets stronger, I think its air in the system.
How do I get air out of the system? I’ve just took everything apart put new ends on new connectors and now the pump does but water doesn’t even come out

my tank is 3/4 full, I haven’t let it drop below 1/4 since I started.

It turns on for a second then straight back off and says DE

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 9
Try with just a short piece of hose on the pump outlet and see if that works. If it does then add say your reel hose, if that causes a problem you know it's reel hose issue, etc.

So I managed to fix the problem initially, finished one house, went to the next and that was fine. Got to the last one of the day and as soon as I extended my pole to the maximum to get 3rd story windows, it was on and off, and stayed that way for the last part of the job.

Going to have to return in the morning to make sure the windows rinsed properly.

Currently I can hear the motor turning on and off and the jets come on for a second, and turn straight back off and just repeats.
Sounds like calibration if it’s struggling to put water up to 3 floors

Sounds like calibration if it’s struggling to put water up to 3 floors
Yeah I’ve read that online, so I’ve unplugged my reel from the little hose onto the pump, and after a few seconds it’s flowing fine but when I put my hose back on it stops…

Set your controller to your desired setting I.e. 20 extend the biggest pole you have and do an auto calibration.

Yeah I’ve read that online, so I’ve unplugged my reel from the little hose onto the pump, and after a few seconds it’s flowing fine but when I put my hose back on it stops…
When doing this if a big air lock has got into the pump once the air has cleared from the pump reconnect to your hose reel and whack it up to 99 this will push any air right through the decrease the flow setting bit by bit down to your normal flow setting.

As others have said calibrate it, when you do auto cal always have the pole extended automatically on your last house it seems like a Cal issue but if it was doing it on the downstairs windows as well that's a bit strange.

Ok so done everything and nothing, I noticed it kept auto cal to 12? So I’ve put it up to 60 and left it and now seems to be working fine again (for now) got a few customers later today so will see

I'd say 60 Cal is too high try 40-44 with a flow rate of 55 that's what mine is set at using 100 degree fan jets, if the water is tad colder on a morning then I sometimes have to increase the cal by 2-3

Latest Posts

Back