Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

That old chestnut

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I won some work then a week later was told the window cleaning firm they have has dropped there price so could i do it for that.
What would you do?
A good answer to them would have been..."sorry I don't get involved in "price wars"...now can you confirm or cancel your booking as soon as possible because I have clients waiting for my services"....!!!

I think a polite way of saying make your mind up or fo@k off, I am not bothered either way....lol

I've told you before @Tuffers that size dosen't matter it is how you use it that counts /emoticons/biggrin.png

That reminds me I need some new work trousers as the bloody zip keeps opening which is not ideal in this weather:rolleyes:

That'll be easy, just show em you have an erect pole, even at your age Smurf. The old dears will be swooning :h:

I've only ever dropped my price on a job once,and afterwards I said never again. If you've given a price thenstick to it otherwise youfeel mugged off, and they feel like you were trying it on.So its rarely good for the customer/tradesman relationship. That said I have on occasion dropped a price after completion of the job, but thats on my terms, not theres.

I don't go out of my way to gain what I would call cut throat work (commercial type jobs) as they are generally more hassle than they are worth so will see how I get on with this one.

Personally when I give a price that's it if they want cheaper get someone else that's my price for our time only way it changes is by going Up

I could have quite easily said I would match it as it's still a good wack but due to other work I do for them I didn't. I just stood my ground as I knew they wanted me anyway as a one stop shop so to speak.

I never worry about pricing high for the work I do as they can simply take it or leave it as I'm not fussed if I win work or not.

I had a customer tell me that she had had a quote put through her door for half the price I was charging. So I said, 'Oh right fair enough' and started packing up my kit.

She said, 'what are you playing at, I need them cleaning'

I pointed out that as she can get the job done cheaper and my prices only go up, never down, she should accept the other guys quote as she would no longer be happy paying my price.

I had another one recently much the same saying they had a flyer through the door "gutter cleaning £25" the chap even confirmed the price at the door as they showed me the flyer when I went over to give them a quote. My price worked out over 4 times as much but they still phoned me up asking me to do the job even when I said go with that chap then. That Just goes to show pricing ridiculously low does not guarantee you work as ppl are willing to pay more knowing the job is going to be completed properly & safely too.

Smurf, just show them a picture of yourself in a muscle top you wear in the summer months..they'll not worry about weather their windows are being left wet or not.. hehe

They want to pay for quality..its not cheap!!!

Ya buy cheap you buy twice mate..

Me wrinkled man boobs would be a right turn on poking through me string vest /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back