Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Wonders Of White Vinegar

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Edgar King

I think vinegar is OP for cleaning windows. It leaves no streaks! I remember a time when I squeegeed down hard on a good friend's window, but they were white stains left behind because I miscalculated the soap to be used I suppose. But...

No soap = No white stuff = No streaks(?)

So I think I'll be using just that in my solution instead of any dish soap. I put 3 caps into a 2-liter spray bottle and I think it did a pretty great job. I'm a beginner to all this though, what are your thoughts?

We don’t do much trad stuff but use GG3 Only a very small amount is needed it gives good slip and doesn’t leave any residue but as I say only a very small amount is needed or you can get streaks when it dries .I think vinegar to clean windows goes back to the days of using newspaper to clean the windows .

Last edited:
I think vinegar is OP for cleaning windows. It leaves no streaks! I remember a time when I squeegeed down hard on a good friend's window, but they were white stains left behind because I miscalculated the soap to be used I suppose. But...

No soap = No white stuff = No streaks(?)

So I think I'll be using just that in my solution instead of any dish soap. I put 3 caps into a 2-liter spray bottle and I think it did a pretty great job. I'm a beginner to all this though, what are your thoughts?
There are all sorts of vinegar based cleaning sprays so I assume there must be something in it. I had a customer recently who insisted on using white vinegar to remove efflorescence from a brick wall = complete waste of time. Didn't touch it.
Just don't use it for any internal windows and stink the house out

When I was 100% trad many moons ago I always used a splash of white vinegar in with the soap
Makes the usually stubborn spots melt off
Also have seen people use a splash in pure water before the days of vision etc

When I was 100% trad many moons ago I always used a splash of white vinegar in with the soap
Makes the usually stubborn spots melt off
Also have seen people use a splash in pure water before the days of vision etc
That's interesting to know cos I've always wondered if it was a bit of an old wives tale

Latest Posts

Back