Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking 2 man Small van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

thinking that in the near future I could do with changing my Connect T230 which is a great little van and payload of 900kg as I sometimes have my son working with me and think I could do with a little more payload, but may in the future come onboard full time.

My van as a compact 325 and I carry 6 25litre drum with a backpack on lightweight alley trolley.

I do two to three days a week in a couple of small towns where the houses are like rabbit warren and the roads very tight and parking can be a bit of a pain, so would like to keep to a small van so I would like a 500 litre two man system and carry a backpack with 2 x 25 litre drums for them awkward jobs, set fold up ladders, x3 slx poles and a little bit of trade gear plus myself and son.

Thinking the Vauxhall combo 1000kg payload or fiat doblo 1000kg

Anyone use the combo or fiat or another smaller van that as a minimum 1000kg lpayload any suggestions will be appreciated or do you guys think I should get a bigger van but please bear in mind the small narrow roads I have mentioned previously.

I have a kangoo, 800kg payload. It's not a bad little van, good on economy and pretty much Carry's what I need. I would if i was going to change would go for the combo, personally because Vauxhall parts tend to be more readily available. Also my father in law has one and so far not skipped a beat.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks for the reply Ragnar my connect which is a great little van is already 900kg could really do with more payload but I still want a small van.

I don't know the exact dimensions but would've thought that a Vivaro / Transit wouldn't be that much wider, a few inches probably, than your current Van.
Cheers Will have a look into that I have plenty work in the sticks which is great plenty of access, but a lot is in tight roads where parking and is space can be a nightmare.

You could do with a small transit size.

I run a Peugeot Partner 900kg as a sole trader with a 500 litre di setup with ladders backpack 100kg frame plus the usual paraphernalia and heading for it's limit.

It's absolutely ideal and I don't run out of water, but I wouldn't want an extra person, extra weight reel and poles etc in it.

I have done all the calculations with my t230 and I'm still under the limit with both working out the van not by much that's why I could do with more payload.

Just checked parkers guide according to them the Suzuki carry max payload is 577kg for the van.

Like you say the new combo LWB has a hefty payload - if you like the combo then maybe that's your way forward? I'd go for the fiat version though as it's cheaper and exactly the same. I have the 750kg version and carry a 350 Ltr tank in a metal stainless frame plus another 100ltrs in drums. I have the 1.3 engine and it's not given me any issues - if I had the choice I would definitely go for the bigger engine and double doors. If your sensible with what system you have you could easily get a larger tank in. I'm in the process of designing a custom 500ltr tank for mine and it will come under weight as it's a complete plastic assembly. I hate to think how much the ionic lump weighs even though the tanks only 350!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I have a Vauxhall Combo Lwb.

You will find mixed reviews on them I think they are good a perfect van for one or two man medium sized work.They can hold 1000kg,poles fit in with out cutting through bulk head, not to big and tall so easy to park and get ladders off.Some one I know had the smaller one and absolutely hated it.IMG_2517.jpg

I have a Vauxhall Combo Lwb.You will find mixed reviews on them I think they are good a perfect van for one or two man medium sized work.They can hold 1000kg,poles fit in with out cutting through bulk head, not to big and tall so easy to park and get ladders off.Some one I know had the smaller one and absolutely hated it.View attachment 14452
I'm getting by ATM with my connect T230 but would like a bit more payload as I'm nearing the max payload and would love to keep a to a smaller van, I personally like the look of yours nice colour and signage is yours a two man setup and what size tank have you installed have you got any photos of your set up.

Thanks.

I have a 400 litre grippa tank in mine for 1 man.I could have gone more but I have a static Ro so filling up during the day is not a problem.

I know some one that has the same van with a 600 litre upright 2man and still has room.Here is anIMG_0596.JPG old pic from a few years ago but will give you an idea I have 400 tank 2-3 poles, cones,trad bucket and can easily take 4 x containers.

I have a Vauxhall Combo Lwb.You will find mixed reviews on them I think they are good a perfect van for one or two man medium sized work.They can hold 1000kg,poles fit in with out cutting through bulk head, not to big and tall so easy to park and get ladders off.Some one I know had the smaller one and absolutely hated it.View attachment 14452
The sign writing looks so good so plain

Thanks for posting the photos I'm hoping to have 500 litre 2 man setup 80% of my working is local I also have a static RO system I would need to carry 3 x poles a backpack and a couple of 25l drums and little bit of trad gear. Our combined body weight is 185kg that's mostly me lol, think this or the fiat is mine only two options at present if I want to keep the van size small.

Thanks again.

ive just bought a 230 to where I am going to fit a 650 in it and a two man set up funny how we all run different , ive got a 815 expert with a 850 and a two man set up in it that's done 5 years on the job and it about to die

Noddy My t230 is 900kg payload that includes fuel, two men weight of system dry, all equipt etc don't you think putting in a 650l tank a bit of a push?

Latest Posts

Back