Thoughts on ecover

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by seye, Apr 4, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. seye

seye Forum Addict

Ok so tried out the ecover that I got my hands on the other day and here are my thoughts.

After using Fairy for years now I was genuinly impressed with ecover, with being not as thick as fairy you would expect the soap on the windows to be watery like Squeegee off but this wasnt the case thankfully, the big plus was when detailing the windows you only needed to scim with one wipe around the frame where as with fairy some times one wipe is not enough to take away the film that fairy leaves. Weather the windows were more shiny I don't know I thought so but it could have just been because I was paying more attention to the result but ecover definately lol "outshines" fairy so ecover it is.

Si

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

yet to try it but good review....i have some detergent at the mo i er....well ...came by whilst doing a job with a cafe and its great....great glide and like you say above not so much detailing....cant really ask them what its called though....i was glad it needed less detailing as when i went in my bin bag in the boot two holy old solitary bone dry scrims stared back at me and they were handkerchief size....bloomin wife....not being washing my old ones....i tried other cloths but you cant wack a good bone dry scrim so i came back and shoved the lot in the machine....:)

forgot to say doesnt last as long as fairy as the ad tells you....

3. seye

seye Forum Addict

That wouldnt happen to be the blue antibacterial detergent you tried would it? I used to clean a stadium and they had that stuff in the kitchen of the function room. Great glide. I noted the name in my head of it but by the end of the day had forgotten!!

4. cheapncheerful

it is a blue colour...it was in a pump type dispenser by the sink and i just got carried away pumping...but it would make sense...i may have to google...hey if its antibacterial then can we charge more for that service?

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I found when I started using, Ecover that it doesn't leave a line when you make your first turn, you know, when you almost stop the blade as you are getting into the first top right hand corner.

That make sense? :confused:

6. cheapncheerful

That make sense? :confused:[/QUOTE

yep defo does to me, cant wait to try it if my missus ever wakes up to the fact i need stuff.....fast enough to take £75 off me and bugger of to see my daughter though...mind you its worth a lot more believe me...peace ...:):):)

7. seye

seye Forum Addict

Funnily enough was thinking that today as I was taking a soaking on several occasions.

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i didnt get along with Ecover . very little glide

9. seye

seye Forum Addict

Just a thought that crossed my mind, I wonder is soft hard water affects the glide. Just thinking up here we have very soft water and thank fully I dont need an Ro for my WFP system that I use on factories etc. Hmmm food for thought.

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

could be- down here in sunny Suffolk the waters very hard and i was told by a water bloke that our water is pumped all the way from Lincolnshire . Aldi Magnum is what i use now as my soap ,it is kind to hands and excellent glide

Advertisement