Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

To Clean or Not To Clean?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don’t care less about GC prices you can claim the charges back on your tax return, the headache it has saved me is second to none , there comes a point in life when you get sick of chasing people all year round.

if you have George/aworka there is now a option we’re it adds up payment charges for you .

I don’t care less about GC prices you can claim the charges back on your tax return, the headache it has saved me is second to none , there comes a point in life when you get sick of chasing people all year round.

if you have George/aworka there is now a option we’re it adds up payment charges for you .

Why waist money though ? If it’s going to increase your outgoings by a couple of hundred a month or more , that soon mounts up you would be better off doing less work and sticking to the ones that pay ok with other options that will not cost you money 

Why waist money though ? If it’s going to increase your outgoings by a couple of hundred a month or more , that soon mounts up you would be better off doing less work and sticking to the ones that pay ok with other options that will not cost you money 
I have the odd few that pay on time still on bank trans , I’m talking a hand full , it’s not wasting money your never really at a loss as it will come of the tax or you can add the bill onto the customer , how much money do you think I wasted sending letters out etc chasing payments it’s too much time and far too much headache laid in bed on a night when your owed 3-4K per month all the time...you look at any big window firm now and there all using GC.

I have the odd few that pay on time still on bank trans , I’m talking a hand full , it’s not wasting money your never really at a loss as it will come of the tax or you can add the bill onto the customer , how much money do you think I wasted sending letters out etc chasing payments it’s too much time and far too much headache laid in bed on a night when your owed 3-4K per month all the time...you look at any big window firm now and there all using GC.

Its just cash flow we always have between 2:5- 4 k outstanding it doesn’t bother me it’s part and parcel of any business especially with commercial work , gc isn’t any good for that anyway. I think gc works out quite expensive if you are turning over a reasonable amount I was talking to a window the other week and he said with the price increase it was going to be costing him an extra £300 per month in costs , Ime not prepared to pay that , total waist of money as far as Ime concerned and there is nothing you can do about the charges once they have you they can keep putting up prices and they are controlling you buisness , it’s a rip off . Yes you can put it against tax but you are still worse off . 

I don't understand why everyone doesn't just use bank transfer? Doesn't cost a penny at the moment and tell folk to put their address for details. I have less than a hundred outstanding each month but have an £800 due to an add-on. I will be meeting my accountant soon to discuss the best way forward regarding payment options.

Its just cash flow we always have between 2:5- 4 k outstanding it doesn’t bother me it’s part and parcel of any business especially with commercial work , gc isn’t any good for that anyway. I think gc works out quite expensive if you are turning over a reasonable amount I was talking to a window the other week and he said with the price increase it was going to be costing him an extra £300 per month in costs , Ime not prepared to pay that , total waist of money as far as Ime concerned and there is nothing you can do about the charges once they have you they can keep putting up prices and they are controlling you buisness , it’s a rip off . Yes you can put it against tax but you are still worse off . 
I get what your saying , don’t get me wrong it’s a bit a of shame with the increase but to me for the hassle I’ve had over the years it still wins hands down for me .

I don’t use it for commercial work .

like you say depends on how many you have on the round if you have 300-400 customers on it it’s not so bad at the end of the month.

whatever works for you , I just can’t stand texting people for money constantly.

the thing is ill kick your door in for £20 so 3-4K I would take you out ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why everyone doesn't just use bank transfer? Doesn't cost a penny at the moment and tell folk to put their address for details. I have less than a hundred outstanding each month but have an £800 due to an add-on. I will be meeting my accountant soon to discuss the best way forward regarding payment options.
In a ideal world it’s perfect it’s just that a massive percentage of people forget to pay or don’t like to pay on time , depends on how you want your money flowing in , I was turning over a lot of money per month on paper  and not seeing it , because of the rate it came in , far to slow so had to make a change . If yours all pay on time that hats off to you 

I get what your saying , don’t get me wrong it’s a bit a of shame with the increase but to me for the hassle I’ve had over the years it still wins hands down for me .

I don’t use it for commercial work .

like you say depends on how many you have on the round if you have 300-400 customers on it it’s not so bad at the end of the month.

whatever works for you , I just can’t stand texting people for money constantly.

the thing is ill kick your door in for £20 so 3-4K I would take you out ??

I don’t txt customers most pay reasonably ok those that don’t it’s a small community where I am the muinit they see me in the street or Tesco’s they say I haven’t forgotten I’ll pay you when I get home , as they don’t want you mentioning it in front of ones they know ???, our commercial work is paid on a 28 day turnaround so quite often we are doing the next clean before being paid for the previous one , some of theses jobs are very high hundreds of pounds per clean that s why it’s 2:5-4K owed all the time , I know I will get paid so I don’t worry about it , it’s almost like a savings system ???, I have just bought a new gutter vac so cash flow at the moment could do with a bit of speeding up ???

I don’t txt customers most pay reasonably ok those that don’t it’s a small community where I am the muinit they see me in the street or Tesco’s they say I haven’t forgotten I’ll pay you when I get home , as they don’t want you mentioning it in front of ones they know ???, our commercial work is paid on a 28 day turnaround so quite often we are doing the next clean before being paid for the previous one , some of theses jobs are very high hundreds of pounds per clean that s why it’s 2:5-4K owed all the time , I know I will get paid so I don’t worry about it , it’s almost like a savings system ???, I have just bought a new gutter vac so cash flow at the moment could do with a bit of speeding up ???
Yeah I get what your saying about a saving system, I like that too and with commercial you know it’s blocks of money so it’s fine , but when it’s 2-4K in domestic owing you it’s a real issue ? especially when they owe you and the next thing you know they have moved without telling you  ? 

People genuinely forget and when you dealing with 100's of jobs it's a headache, in the 15 years before GC effective customer debt management was always an issue I found no matter what I tried bacs, paypal and cash collection non of them collectively worked all that well, as in totally hassle free, I have up to and in excess of 1k of continual rolling debt at all times, your accountant will have about as much idea as you regarding payment options

I have been doing an add-on that grows arms and legs so the payment gets bigger and delayed. I got paid in total when I finished yesterday. I now realise how its always there niggling away at your subconscious and there's nothing you can do about it. Having plenty of non-payers must be a headache and that's where a system has to come in and run it.

Latest Posts

Back