Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trail lines from tip of squeegee

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I get lines right at edge, if not cut exactly straight. Found razer red the toughest to get blade through nicely. Tried hammer n chisel, was ok. But then got a pair of gardening secaters, which has a flat bottom n the top part is the cutting part, totally brilliant for cutting rubber straight, as this done my head in for ages.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Disagree about razr red.. mine is leaving fan lines badly again. Sometimes it works the best and other times it doesn't. Currently going through a  :1f4a9: stage with it 

Disagree about razr red.. mine is leaving fan lines badly again. Sometimes it works the best and other times it doesn't. Currently going through a  :1f4a9: stage with it 
Thanks for that.

I'm just going to experiment and will update everyone after my in depth research.....lol

Where's the cheapest place to get razr red folks?

Last edited by a moderator:
I started with the unger ninja and decided to upgrade to the less detailing squeegee that is the moerman tool. At first I bought it and put the thing in a cupboard but it came back out and I'd never leave home without it. @Trad-Man just put out a good video on it.
I will have a look at that vid!  Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ettore Brass squegees.  Had them years....
I have always like the old brass squeegees. I have various makes, unger, ettore, pulex. They are very good, but I have moved on now to Wagtail with a Moerman liquidator channel with razr red rubbers, which are brilliant. One of my brass squeegees I still use now and again on the old wooden windows, because the wagtail won't. However, I still use unger soft rubbers in that, and it always impresses me when I use it. So I would say to you, use unger soft rubbers. I do have a dog-ear on it Similar to this one in this vid; 

Just an update.  I got my liquidators back out and am loving them - using a better rubber in the correct channel does seem to have solved the lines i was getting from the tip.  

At the moment, I'm experimenting with Ettore, Razr Red & Moerman rubbers in the liquidator.  I'm using Tesco Lemon Soap.  Glide overall seems very good but at the edges i get judder. How can i stop this?  If you soap right to the edge there seems to be too much and the liquidator will not get it all but then no juddrr. If you leave a few mm then i get judder.  What's the solution?

Just an update.  I got my liquidators back out and am loving them - using a better rubber in the correct channel does seem to have solved the lines i was getting from the tip.  

At the moment, I'm experimenting with Ettore, Razr Red & Moerman rubbers in the liquidator.  I'm using Tesco Lemon Soap.  Glide overall seems very good but at the edges i get judder. How can i stop this?  If you soap right to the edge there seems to be too much and the liquidator will not get it all but then no juddrr. If you leave a few mm then i get judder.  What's the solution?
try using Aldi magnum premium, better slip, & less suds then fairy

I don't usually wear gloves Peter but i use the excelerator with fliq usually so rarely get my hands wet

I used to use dish soap with a dash of flash which made my hands crack really badly

Back