Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

opinions please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Got a phone call from stevenage Borough football club today asking did I want a big billboard ad at the ground for the next 12 months for 400 notes..got them down to 300 and wondering if it will help me

2000+ people at each match including me a lot of the time with my son

Wondering whether people would take notice or as they're there for footy maybe wouldn't remeber after the match

Last edited by a moderator:
if youre gonna do it word it wi summat memorable eg, free mirror clean when you book ur window clean thru me - plus cheeky face foto of you looking into an ornate vanity mirror

They design it all as it is all digital..all lit up on a billboard around the pitch

possibly a scowling face ? yrs ago i asked a mate who only has 1 eye to do a short video promotion for me to put on my website, he started off all nice and cheerful really great but couldnt keep it up and switched back to his real self and ended it sad n lonely

so i couldnt use his vid

Got a phone call from stevenage Borough football club today asking did I want a big billboard ad at the ground for the next 12 months for 400 notes..got them down to 300 and wondering if it will help me2000+ people at each match including me a lot of the time with my son

Wondering whether people would take notice or as they're there for footy maybe wouldn't remeber after the match
Only a day's pay Davey, but I'd get a website personally. It's an on going advert and will probably bring you in more work.

Got a phone call from stevenage Borough football club today asking did I want a big billboard ad at the ground for the next 12 months for 400 notes..got them down to 300 and wondering if it will help me2000+ people at each match including me a lot of the time with my son

Wondering whether people would take notice of only there for footy so wouldn't remeber after the match
It would take a long time to earn that back through that ad I reckon mate. 300 notes would buy you a website, flyers, and ads in the paper. The website would bring in more work IMO.

As I said in the other thread, there will be say 20 home games in the year and it will be roughly the same 2,000 people each time turning up. But as the nursery can see it thats some free advertising, although will it be lit when games aren't on? You never know unless you try, I'd say it would be more likely to bring in a commercial job or two than residential as people will be thinking footy not windows /emoticons/wink.png That said I'm looking into something similar myself, it all helps right?

Tolish I think you'd of very done well if you can get a decent website, a decent amount of flyers and some local ads all for 300 quid.

I can get a website for peanuts

I made one myself before to have a try but wasn't happy with it but my son is a computer genius

He has been having a play about but can do me a proffesional website and will cost a couple of quid a month

How does a 14 year old get so clever he makes his dad look stupid

Tolish I think you'd of very done well if you can get a decent website, a decent amount of flyers and some local ads all for 300 quid.
Not saying it wouldnt work, who knows, its luck of the draw with these things, but one things for sure, it would look a lot better on any ad to have a website showing. Btw,I got my website made for me for £40.

If you can make your own thats great (or get your son to make it lol), I made my own. Definately get one if your going to put an ad on the ground, you never know someone might google you at half time, but they aren't going to give you a ring then lol. Tolish £40 for a website is an bargain! :thumbsup:

Tolish £40 for a website is an bargain! :thumbsup:
Don't I know it mate. That includes management of my site, I just pay about 15 quid a year, and any ammendments are just a small fee. He made some for me recently, and only asked a tenner, so I paid 20 as its just too good a deal.

Dave, another way to look at it is; if it is so good then why are tey calling you to sell you the space? If it was so good then businesses would be knocking down there doors to be on there. A place I am advertising is totally jam packed with businesses repeat advertising year on year, and its very hard to get on there, which proves it must work, or they would go elsewhere. I have only just managed to get the smallest of ads on there, but hopefully that'll work for me, I'll pm the info if you like.

Although newish to the window cleaning scene, I find most of my gardening clients are female. They seem to be the master-race when it comes to both quoting and agreeing to the visit schedule.

Is this not generally the same for window cleaning?

I guess if there are a high percentage of women at the games it could work out for you.

i wouldnt do it as i think your right its all about the match and it would take a wile to claw back that 300 i.m.o

As you know @daveyboy1 I go to most of the posh home matches. I have been now for over 20 years. I honestly could not tell you what was advertised round the ground from 1 year to the next. It my opinion a waste of time.

Don't I know it mate. That includes management of my site, I just pay about 15 quid a year, and any ammendments are just a small fee. He made some for me recently, and only asked a tenner, so I paid 20 as its just too good a deal.
Dave, another way to look at it is; if it is so good then why are tey calling you to sell you the space? If it was so good then businesses would be knocking down there doors to be on there. A place I am advertising is totally jam packed with businesses repeat advertising year on year, and its very hard to get on there, which proves it must work, or they would go elsewhere. I have only just managed to get the smallest of ads on there, but hopefully that'll work for me, I'll pm the info if you like.
Yes please @TolishAPurd

As you know @daveyboy1 I go to most of the posh home matches. I have been now for over 20 years. I honestly could not tell you what was advertised round the ground from 1 year to the next. It my opinion a waste of time.
I agree with posh. I've got a season ticket at Millwall, and I cant think of one advert I've remembered and don't really look at the advertising boards even though they'd probably offer more entertainment at the moment

Back