Twitter for your business?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Simply Business, Mar 24, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

Hi guys! So I know a few of you use Facebook to help advertise your business - some of you regularly, some of you have dabbled.

I was just wondering if many of you use twitter from a business perspective? If so, how does it work for you? And if not, why not?

Cheers :)

Advertisement
  2. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I know very little of Twitter, so I shall watch this thread with interest.

3. Simply Business

Supplier

Personally, I'm a big fan. The ability to get involved in conversations of interest with relative ease compared to facebook is a big plus amongst other things! But it can be a bit noisy!

4. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Funnily enough I got my first job yesterday from twitter after using it for maybe a year?

I'll be honest, I don't really know how to utilize it to get work, I have followed a bunch of businesses in the local area, and have quite a few followers, but then all I do is tweet random stuff about work.

So far, other than like I say a single job yesterday it has been a complete failure lol.

Facebook gets me work every week, if I could do the same with twitter I would be over the moon, but I just don't know how to?

5. Simply Business

Supplier

Thanks for the reply, how did it come about Diwrnach? Did somebody contact you, having come across your profile? Or was it the other way around?

I suppose, it's quite trade/sector specific for how you can use Twitter. Obviously with window cleaning being reasonably locally-focussed, twitter can be difficult in terms of narrowing down audience.

6. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

The customer spotted me awhile ago and messaged me on it and gave me a ring.

Will tweet now and again, but doesn't really seem to work for me, though that may well be down to me not using it well.

7. Simply Business

Supplier

Ah right, interesting Diwrnach. In terms of customers coming to you, a good set of regular pictures of your work would help, I suppose?

But there are also localised hashtags that you can get involved with, to at least increase visibility and engagement in certain areas. It's probably not set up for lead-generation, but every little can help!

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

iv ran a couple of twitter paid ads , low take up . a local twitter/facebook guru runs courses in twitter for business, im waiting for her to run a weekend /or evening course, up to now all her courses have in the daytime,when im working

Advertisement