Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aquadapter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

Had an Aquadapter for years on a 4ft pole need to change a bayonet I'm still using this because I have spare bayonets and springs anyone know how you replace the bayonet I can't separate the Aquadapter also the spring looks like a nightmare to replace.

Steve had a video out years ago where he used a paper-clip to pull the replacement spring into place. It's not on YouTube any longer, although there are some other video attempts.

Others have used long nose pliers.

The trouble is that Steve changed the design numerous times, so each spring replacement needs a different approach.

It definitely unscrews. The trouble is that the plastic threads are inclined to 'weld' themselves together and seize. You might try boiling water over the female part of the union.
I was given an old one that the coupling and collar were made of aluminium. I don't recall ever getting them apart.

It definitely unscrews. The trouble is that the plastic threads are inclined to 'weld' themselves together and seize. You might try boiling water over the female part of the union.
I was given an old one that the coupling and collar were made of aluminium. I don't recall ever getting them apart.
Thanks Spruce I was thinking of hot water as a last resort yesterday I've replaced a bayonet connection and a spring years ago but couldn't remember how I did it I do remember using a paper clip for the spring the hot water worked I'll change the spring when required.

Attachments

• PXL_20240209_102751061.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240209_102751061.MP.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 3

Latest Posts

Back