Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Uncomfortable back pack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jacob Reid

Hi guys,

Using the pole system with a facelift big boy back pack - wondering if there’s any hacks to making the backpack a bit more comfortable when full? Tried various different straps but still pretty tight on the shoulder area.

Obviously the trolley is another option for making it a bit easier, however back pack more ideal for in and out of gardens etc.

Any help appreciated.

Hi guys,

Using the pole system with a facelift big boy back pack - wondering if there’s any hacks to making the backpack a bit more comfortable when full? Tried various different straps but still pretty tight on the shoulder area.

Obviously the trolley is another option for making it a bit easier, however back pack more ideal for in and out of gardens etc.

Any help appreciated.
Get it on a decent trolley an it should be no bother going in an out of gardens,your going to wreck yourself carrying the backpack especially when its full jacob.

Also, start with your closet windows first. This means you only have to carry your full backpack for the shortest time.

Put a longer length of pole hose on your pole so you can leave the backpack in the middle and do all the windows on each side.

Get a good trolley as others have said.

If you haven't a Univalve, get one to turn your water off between windows to save wasting water.

? ? ? ? ? ? ?
No one in their right mind would try and use a backpack full of water on their back.
You will cripple yourself or have an accident trying to wear a backpack.
Either get a 20m extension hose or a trolley to move the backpack.

A backpack on your back, yeah that sounds silly.. I’ve done it for years, it’s a piece of **** - I was meaning more the straps themselves, but didn’t know people were so against carrying a bit of weight?

A backpack on your back, yeah that sounds silly.. I’ve done it for years, it’s a piece of **** - I was meaning more the straps themselves, but didn’t know people were so against carrying a bit of weight?
Sounds completely mental because why would someone load up 25kg on their back multiple times a day :ROFLMAO:.

one day you'll injure your back and back injury is no fun as it can put you out of action for days, when you get problems you didn't even know were possible then you'll regret it, far better to get a trolley as suggested instead of risking your health and livelihood.

A piece of ****? Is are you John rambo trying to blend in as Jacob Reid??

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
Get a decent length hose, less fatigue = more money , as you don’t slow down during the day.

You need a check up from the neck up if you wear a backpack on your back all day cleaning windows....

It's an absolute sure fire way to cause you RSI over time....

Wise up and get a trolley to put it on or even better a van mount system with an electric reel and 100m of microbore.

Any links

no worries gaffer?
Mate, everyone on here is telling you it’s an extremely bad idea. Yes I’m sure you haven’t had any issues up until this point. If you had you’d had stopped doing it. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t dangerous. Do yourself a favour, listen to what folk are telling you. And if not for your own sake, for the sake of everyone else who will inevitably pay for your NHS treatment.

I'm back pack only I have 4 of them I have a tank with bilge pump in the van and hose attached with a fuel delivery gun to fill up the backpacks I have 3 rhino tube hoses 20m, 15m and 8m they are my main hoses all set up with slick connects I can connect them all together I use trolley's and can also work from the van or walk through a house.

Back