Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

setting up pump/controller/battery/one stop

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Hi all. putting a bit of board in van with pump and controller on it, and battery on floor. Now, the controller comes with plenty of cable but the one stop antenna does not. It seems it would need to be placed right near the other bits to wire into the controller, pump and battery. Would it still work ok not being glued onto the door? actually no wood on door so probably wouldnt glue on that good.

Also, do the inline fuse holders, the blue things that come with the controller, do they just click together?

And is there a simple basic way to keep battery stable in there? and do most take them into shed most nights for charge?

lol, loads of questions I know, sorry. but always much appreciated I assure and id get you all a drink but theres 1000s of you.

cheers

kev.

I’ve never used a ‘one stop.’ But as I understand it it’s a remote switch which works wirelessly using a fob. Do they come with suggestions on where to place it? Ie: not behind closed doors. (I don’t know if this is the case, but obviously you’d need to take it into account when siting it as you don’t want to block the signal from the fob)

If there’s no restriction on siting it then I’d wire it up next to the controller.

Your suggestion of fixing it to the door I would avoid as wires moving every time you open the door is likely to lead to early failure.

Your battery and pump don’t need to be close to each other or the controller but you may have to extend the wiring if there’s not enough on the controller.

If you need to extend it use the same colour wiring. You can get this from somewhere like Halfords or Autocare. However, make sure whatever wire you buy is ‘amp’ rated the same as your controller wiring.

The fuse holders do normally snap together. 

When you finally connect it all up, be certain to get the polarity the right way around or you will likely destroy your controller.

There are several ways to fix a battery down. You could use eyelets  bolted to the floor and luggage straps for example.

As to how you charge it that’s up to you. You could take it indoors to charge it. However, if you do a lot of mileage in your vehicle you could wire it into your vehicles charging system so that it charges as you drive. If your vehicle is parked close enough at night you could run a cable out to you vehicle and charge it that way.

cheers for advise bud. yes was bit inconsistent as you get loads of wiring for the controller but couple inches with the one stop and the pump. Hopefully if take it to motor place they'll know the right extension cable, as its marked on the black as 600 v ( if i remember) but the other wires have nothing on them. Yeh, someone on here had melted his, so, and chris dawber fried his controller so gotta be carefull.

cheers  now.

Yeh, someone on here had melted his, so, and chris dawber fried his controller so gotta be carefull.

I've done both as well. One when I was doing some maintenance on a trolley (clamped a battery box shut and trapped the wires) Didn't half make me jump I can tell you. The other when I was fitting a new battery. A moments lapse is all it took and that was the end of my controller. :crazy:

It's a good idea, once you have your wiring figured out to fit a polorised connector in the pos and neg cable coming from your battery and fit the same connector to your charger rather than using clamps that directly connect to the battery every time you want to disconnect if you are charging indoors. As for melting wires, a properly fused setup should help prevent that. The shorter the piece of wire between the battery and the fuse the better. If you fit your battery inside a box with a lid it's a good idea to put the fuse inside the box close to the battery.

you get loads of wiring for the controller but couple inches with the one stop

This is probably an indication that you can site the one stop close to the controller

Hi all. putting a bit of board in van with pump and controller on it, and battery on floor. Now, the controller comes with plenty of cable but the one stop antenna does not. It seems it would need to be placed right near the other bits to wire into the controller, pump and battery. Would it still work ok not being glued onto the door? actually no wood on door so probably wouldnt glue on that good.

Also, do the inline fuse holders, the blue things that come with the controller, do they just click together?

And is there a simple basic way to keep battery stable in there? and do most take them into shed most nights for charge?

lol, loads of questions I know, sorry. but always much appreciated I assure and id get you all a drink but theres 1000s of you.

cheers

kev.

Use double sided tape.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty-Strong-Double-Sided-Sticky-Tape-Foam-Adhesive-Craft-Padded-Mounting-2-/151499052524?epid=1854896450&hash=item23460c15ec:g:hygAAOSw5-hZjC4j

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest Posts

Back