Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using Xtreme brushes for first cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Scrubsy

Does anyone use only Xtreme brushes for first cleans and maintenance window cleans at all please?

Recently alot of my maintenance cleans are quite dirty - I assume because of the weather being wet/windy/roasting hot and little in between. Some are almost as bad as a first cleans, so I've been using my universal sill brushes and my ultimates to help with scrubbing power. But even though they aren't that heavy I'm finding they are giving me elbow/arm ache for a while afterwards. I haven't changed technique or anything.

I think I've got so used to the Xtreme brushes and wondered how people got on if it was the only brush type they use? Thank you.

We do loads of 3 monthly washes where the window sills are very dirty but the glass not so. Even after 3 months, unless you are on the coast or on busy main roads, the glass itself isn't that dirty. We only use Xtreme Sill brushes and get very very few complaints on these.
We would only change the brush if they were particularly dirty so we would then use hot water as well as a heavier brush.

We do loads of 3 monthly washes where the window sills are very dirty but the glass not so. Even after 3 months, unless you are on the coast or on busy main roads, the glass itself isn't that dirty. We only use Xtreme Sill brushes and get very very few complaints on these.
We would only change the brush if they were particularly dirty so we would then use hot water as well as a heavier brush.
Thanks very much. I am on the coast but this year they seem worse than normal. Most cleans are 6-weekly. Think I'll give just using the Xtreme's for a bit. Thanks again 🙏

@Part Timer thanks mate. Most jobs are with a maximum of about 2 miles from the coast. Some alot closer. You're spot on , I have a few that could be done about once a fortnight and would still be dirty.I'll give the Xtreme's a whirl and also due to order a new supreme too, so that should help. Still lightweight and easy to use without putting any pressure on the brush. Thank you again 👍

Every job must be like a first clean working on the coast!personally for dirty first cleans I use an ultimate brush,the xtreme brush is great for most maintenance cleans but just doesnt have enough bristles to really get into the spider infested corners and clean dirty sills effectively IMO though....

Every job must be like a first clean working on the coast!personally for dirty first cleans I use an ultimate brush,the xtreme brush is great for most maintenance cleans but just doesnt have enough bristles to really get into the spider infested corners and clean dirty sills effectively IMO though....
Some cleans are good and some aren't. It's this year I've really noticed a difference to before and I can only think it's the weather. I've been using the medium-soft ultimate which I think is the best one to be honest (apart from the flocked one which I use on leaded windows and some single panes). I've tried most of the ultimate brushes and nearly always come back to the medium-soft one. I do love the flocked xtreme sill but found the medium one couldn't quite get some jobs done in the corners like you say.

I use extreme brushes for everything, im not one to ***** about so i dont change brushes for first cleans or fascias etc. Just use the lightest tool for the job which is the extreme.

Some cleans are good and some aren't. It's this year I've really noticed a difference to before and I can only think it's the weather. I've been using the medium-soft ultimate which I think is the best one to be honest (apart from the flocked one which I use on leaded windows and some single panes). I've tried most of the ultimate brushes and nearly always come back to the medium-soft one. I do love the flocked xtreme sill but found the medium one couldn't quite get some jobs done in the corners like you say.

I meant to say supreme brush not ultimate.the supreme is the best brush for me on larger jobs and longer frequency cleans...👍🙂

I use extreme brushes for everything, im not one to ***** about so i dont change brushes for first cleans or fascias etc. Just use the lightest tool for the job which is the extreme.
Thanks @adamangler . I've used the supreme a bit which is a big improvement, but overall the extremes are still my favourite. Absolutely agree the lighter the better as far as I'm concerned 👍

Latest Posts

Back