Van heater

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by paul1, Aug 31, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Hi guys hope you all well, things going great my end, busy

can anyone recommend a good van heater and a heater for outhouse that comes on when gets to certain temp etc

any tips for winter months and advice on keeping working and equipment running well etc

cheers

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I whack an electric radiator in the back of my van. WinproClean linked a good heater on here last winter.

3. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I use a small oil filled radiator with a timer, works a treat. I also bung a water heater from a fish tank in my water over night so my water is warm before it goes through my gas burner

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Yeah a mini oil filled rad is my choice, cheap from 'the range' did the trick last year,

Thought about using a fish tank heater but water has never froze so haven't bothered yet...

5. ALPINEYORKS

ALPINEYORKS Active Member

so this fish tank heater i only have a 350 litre tank is it hot enough to melt the tank? just bothered about putting one in and it sitting on the bottom and melting it.

6. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I put mine through a round piece of foam so it floats. It never touch's the sides ( a bit like me with the mrs)

7. monkeyman

monkeyman Well-Known Member

This is going to be an issue for me. I live in a terrace house, had a look at night heaters, though it would be possible to run it off a leisure battery. But apparently not.

8. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Yours is solvable but a little more expensive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROPEX-HE...OME-CAMPER-BOAT-CARAVAN-GAS-12V-/262072452814

There are a few cleaners who have fitted these into their vans who have been in the same position as you are. Two holes through the van floor will provide fresh air for the burner and the other for the exhaust. So it works the same as a combi boiler.

Obviously positioning is important as both intake and exhaust need a spot where there is no obstructions below the van's floor.

Thermostat can be set at just above freezing (say 2 degrees) and when the temp drops the heater will kick in for a time to warm the van a couple of degrees before switching off again. So it won't work continuously.

9. monkeyman

monkeyman Well-Known Member

Just the job. I don't mind the expense if it keeps me working, and it's cheaper than the night heaters I was looking at.
    Thanks.

Advertisement